Joey Bada$$’s 1999 mixtape was a fresh blast from the past from a kid who was too young to really experience ’90s hip-hop the first time around. In the same way, the young garage duo Disclosure are creating something modern out of an old movement, it works for this Brooklyn 17 year-old because he’s authentically channelling the same influences as those who did it the before him. The video for ‘Fromdatomb$’ from the 1999 mixtape features a VHS aesthetic that suits the music. Chuck Strangers features on the track.
Comments are closed.
- Body&Soul Announces Wonderlust Stage: Goldie, Anderson, Anna B Savage, Ye Vagabonds & more
- Mitski to kick off Irish tour in Dublin
- Play piano like Nils Frahm with his new sheet music book
- The Beatyard add Boney M, Jape & Rubberbandits
- Interlude Festival announce day-by-day breakdown
- Galway International Arts Festival: Villagers, Dan Deacon, BellX1, Pleasure Beach, Optimo, Suede & more
- The Nialler9 Dublin Gig Guide // May 24 – 30
- Life Festival release stage times & site map
- Boiler Room returns to Dublin on June Bank Holiday Monday
- Stage times for Forbidden Fruit announced
Upcoming Nialler9 Events
Saturday May 21st
Join Nialler9, Gav Elsted and Simon Roche for a new monthly club night of eclectic selections across genres. Electronic to classic pop to italo to indie and beyond.