Regular club nights and venue information. | Subscribe to the weekly newsletter.
Highlights: John Talabot, Young Wonder (pictured), Night Of The Machines IV, Heathers, Queen Herod, Beth Orton & Sam Amidon, Lower Dens, Rubberbandits Xmas Party…
This is the weekly list of recommended Dublin gigs taking place over the next seven days published every Tuesday. All times are 7.30/8pm unless stated. Feel free to recommend events not present in the comments below. If you’re looking for tickets to sold out gigs try #ticketfairy on Twitter.
Ticket freebies this week:
A pair of tickets to giveaway to:
- Thursday: Night Of The Machines IV:White Collar Boy, Gretta Gunn, Bouvetoya, Subaltern @ National Concert Hall (€8, 8:30pm)
- How to enter - Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your full name, the gig in the Subject line you’re entering for and phone number before 5pm the day before the gig to enter.
Tuesday December 11th
- Culture Club: Spilly Walker, Simon Bird, The #1s, DJs @ Twisted Pepper (€, 10pm) New all-inclusive art club night.
- Heathers @ Pepper Canister Church (€17.50, 7pm) All ages show.
- The 1975 @ Academy 2 (€12) English buzzing indie-rock
- North Side Drive @ Centre For Creative Practices (€6-€8.50) Ambient piano-driven electronics.
Wednesday December 12th
- Florence & The Machine @ The 02 (Sold Out) Florence Fancy dress.
- VerseChorusVerse, SOAK @ The Workman’s Club (€8) Former ASIWYFA guitarist plays folk songs joined by fellow Derry 16 year-old rising singer.
- Clu, Monto @ Moxie Studios, Lower Baggot Street (€6, BYOB) A/V show in aid of Focus Ireland.
Thursday December 13th
- Night Of The Machines IV:White Collar Boy, Gretta Gunn, Bouvetoya, Subaltern @ National Concert Hall (€8, 8:30pm) Electronic music in a classical building.
- Queen Herod, littlexsforeyes, Samuel, Tickly Teeth @ Whelan’s Upstairs (€8 with EP /€5) Debut EP from Holly Pereira.
- Forward/Slash: Tandem Felix, Jetsetter, Chris Whelan @ Twisted Pepper (Free) Atmospheric rock leads the somnambulist charge.
Friday December 14th
- Beth Orton, Sam Amidon @ Pepper Canister Church (€22) English Folk singer Orton is joined by the highly-recommended odd American folk musician.
- The Rubberbandits Xmas Party @ The Academy (€20) Santa and Jesus related shenanigans from the Limerick musical comedian ledgebags.
- Simon Bird, Niamh De Barra, Brian Conliffe @ The Joinery (€8, BYOB) A trio of Irish experimentalists..
- Oscar The Hypno-Dog @ The Workman’s Club (€20) Cathy Davey’s dog charity album launch featuring Conor O’Brien, The Divine Comedy, Sharon Shannon, R.S.A.G and more.
- CrayonSmith, Big Monster Love, Cave Ghosts, Rhino Magic @ Little Green Pub, High Street (€8, BYOB) BYOB and four Irish bands in a gallery space.
Saturday December 15th
- Thumped presents: Mumblin Deaf Ro, Groom, Big Monster Love @ Whelan’s Parlour (1pm, €5) Family-friend gig in aid of A Little Lifetime Foundation.
Young Wonder, Ickis Mirolo @ The Workman’s Club (€10) Cork electronic twosome flying high.
- Lower Dens, Novoline, Skelocrats @ The Grand Social (€16) Baltimore indie-rockers on their Irish tour promoting Nootropics.
- Ham Sandwich @ The Academy (Sold Out) Confetti-assisted tight-pants wearing triumphant indie-pop from Kells.
- God Is An Astronaut @ Vicar Street (€23) Instrumental Irish rockers have a cult following that will easily fill this venue.
- The Holy Sparks, Fur Immer, I Heart The Monster Hero @ The Cobblestone (€8, 8:30pm) Launch of EP on Drunken Lust Records…
- John Talabot Live, New Jackson, TwinKranes Nanu Nanu @ Button Factory (Sold out,11pm) Body & Soul present the Catalan electronic producer.
Sunday December 16th
- 12 Sundays: Tr-One @ The Bernard Shaw (Free) Laid back Sunday pint vibes.
- LAPD @ Vicar Street (€35) Liam O’Flynn, Andy Irvine, Paddy Glackin & Dónal Lunny.
Monday December 17th
- Glen Hansard @ Vicar Street (€17.50) With guest Nicole Maguire.
Regular club nights and venue info. | Subscribe to the weekly newsletter.