Regular club nights and venue information. | Subscribe to the newsletter.
Email to be in the draw for free entry:
How to enter free entry comps – Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the gig above in the Subject line you’re entering for along with your full name and phone number (for late contact) in the body of the message. Full info on each show below. Draw closes at 6pm the day before the gig or Friday 1pm latest for weekend gigs.
Tuesday August 23
- Warpaint, Hilary Woods @ NCH (€32)
[Rock] LA indie-rock band who have a new album on way. New Song
- Mimi Oz, Naoise Roo @ Little Gem Record Shop (€5)
[Alternative] Canadian artist /Men Who Never Loved Me LP
- Suuns @ Button Factory (€16)
[Rock] Canadian dirge/dark rock
- Ruby Sessions @ Doyle’s (€6, 9pm)
[Acoustic showcase] Read my interview with Conor Ruby Sessions.
Wednesday August 24
- John Murry, Clive Barnes @ Whelan’s Upstairs (€16.50)
[singer-songwriter] Oakland, CA-based singer-songwriter
- Paddy Groenland @ Bello Bar (€10)
[New music] influences include African music, American jazz, European folk melodies and modern soundscapes.
Thursday August 25
- Barry Jay Hughes, Sean McComish, Yvonne Mc Carthy @ Whelan’s Upstairs (€8)
[New Irish] Rhythmic Folk – Alternative Rock
Friday August 26
- The Garden, Old Bean, Girlfriend @ Whelan’s Upstairs (€13)
[Punk] West Coast neo-punk twins – All Smiles Over Here
- Trouble Pilgrims, The Drays @ Whelan’s (€15)
[Rock] formerly members of the Radiators From Space
- Prosumer @ Pygmalion (€10, 11pm)
[Dance] Panorama Bar resident + Colin Perkins.
- Techno & Cans @ Hangar (€12, 1opm)
[Techno] Cleric, Aeron, Tommy Holohan
- Boys Noize @ Opium Rooms (€27.50, 10:30pm)
[Dance] – The Building Society & Abstract present Alex Ridha + Defekt.
Saturday August 27
- Diffusion Lab present Soulé, Jafaris, Axiom @ The Workman’s Club (€5)
[Hip-hop] Urban electronic and rap.
- Rhob Cunningham @ Unitarian Church (€15)
[Singer-songwriter] Expect songs from his 5 albums, recorded in Dublin, Reykjavik, Berlin and Paris.
- Fox.E & The Good Hands, White Mice[email protected]’s (€10)
[Irish] five piece funk rock band
- Ardú @ Button Factory (€15)
[A Capella Vocal Ensemble ] Take Me Home (Pentatonix Cover)
- Retro Revivial Club: The Knocking Shop, Buffalo Sunn @ The Grand Social (€7)
[Rock] + Late City Edition + Very Special Guest
- Legowelt, Mark Lawless[email protected] (€10, 11pm)
[Dance] ” a hybrid form of slam jack electronix combined with deep chicago trax, obscure & romantic ghetto technofunk”
- Mother @ The Hub (€5 before 11:30pm, €10 after )
[Club] new home for the electro pop club. Ghostboy & Ruth Kavanagh
- Lumo Club[email protected] Tengu (€8/€10, 10pm)
[Club] The 11th edition of our club of musical all-sorts. Club Chart.
- Totally Different Buzz @ Wigwam (Free, 10pm)
[Club] “a dance off between early Depeche Mode and Todd Terje, a twirl around the floor with Donna Summer, a sweat drenched fever dream where the DFA crew and Nile Rodgers keep you up all night.”
- Abstract x Subject: Chez Damier @ Opium Rooms (€10, 11pm)
[Dance] Chicago house.
- Sense with Karma Kid @ Button Factory (€10, 11pm)
[Dance] UK electronic producer.
Sunday August 28
- Diskotekken Sunday @ Chelsea Drugstore (Free)
[Club] T-Woc, Nevan, James Keating & Papa Lou
Monday August 29