Regular club nights and venue information. | Subscribe to the weekly newsletter.
Highlights: Seven Quarters, The Beatyard, Margie Lewis, TÂCHES, Booka Shade, Flight Facilities, Wallis Bird, The Certain Three Tour.
Ticket freebies this week:
- Friday: Seven Quarters Launch Night with Katie Kim and Jennifer Evans @ Whelan’s (€10)
How to enter - Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the gig above in the Subject line you’re entering for along with your full name and phone number in the body of the message. Full info on each show below. Draw closes at 6pm the day before the gig.
Tuesday April 22nd
- Clu: Mirrors screening @ Block T (7pm)
[Screening] Showing of Clu’s new 4k 8 minute music video
- The Certain Three Tour: The Altered Hours, Myles Manley, Patterns @ The Workman’s Club (€12)
[Irish band tour] Three Irish bands tour the country
Wednesday April 23rd
- John Power @ The Workman’s Club (€20)
[Indie] The man from Cast/The La’s tells it like it is. Or something.
- Whose House presents TÂCHES @ Twisted Pepper (€10, 10:30pm)
[Electronic] London producer has released some good tracks.
Thursday April 24th
- The Beatyard: Revolver Project Presents Gangs + The Clameens @ Twisted Pepper (€8)
[Rock] Dublin garage rock / Derry pop rock.
- GoldenBeck: The Barley Mob, Miss Kate & the Higher State, Mongoose @ The Workman’s Club (€5)
[Indie/alternative] Second in the series of ‘GoldenPlec & Claire Beck Presents.
- Si Schroeder, Dylan Tighe, Brian Mooney @ The New Theatre (€5)
[Folk/indie] part of Beyond The Bookshelf festival. See also Friday: The Statics, Matthew Nolan & Kevin Murphy / Saturday: Rufus Coates & The Blackened Trees, Niall Thomas
- Eli Paperboy Reed @ Whelan’s (€16.50)
[Soul] Vintage soul and R&B – ‘Come and Get It’
- THE CLUBHOUSE launch night @ The Grand Social (€5, 11pm)
[Ne club] Feat. midnight screening of David LaChapelle dance doc Rize, 90′s covers band Gin ‘N Juice, DJs
- Clean Bandit @ The Academy (€19.90)
[Pop] ‘Rather Be’ chart makers.
- Junior Spesh & CNTRL Present: Greymatter @ Twisted Pepper (€8/€5)
[Electronic] & KRL (Wolf Music, UK) Southpaw DJ.
Friday April 25th
- Live From A Window: Interskalactic @ Whelan’s (Free, 8:30pm)
[Ska covers] 10 Piece Old-Skool Jamaican Ska Band.
- Darklight Festival: Good Fridays: Buffalo Woman (Neil Watkins and Tim Donovan) and Tara McCormack @ Block T ( €10, BYOB)
[Dance] Part of Block T’s Good Friday series.
- Seven Quarters Launch Night @ Whelan’s (€10, WIN TICKETS)
[Indie/club] with Katie Kim and Jennifer Evans and limited 7″ vinyl.
- Everlast @ The Village (€16)
[Acoustic] Ex House of Pain dude.
- Wallis Bird @ The Academy (€13)
[Folk/pop] Dublin headline show since launch of album Architect. In-store at Tower at 3pm.
- The Beatyard: Spesh live presents Jonwayne @ Twisted Pepper (€13)
[Rap] Stones Throw MC. Support from Well Known & Bentley Riddims
- Membership present: A Secret Party #2 @ Tengu Bar, Yamamori Sushi (€10/€12, 10pm)
[DJs] Special Guest (Dolly) [ 3 Hour set ] Ois Buttler-Doyle (Mbrship)
Saturday April 26th
- The Beatyard: The Animators Day Out @ The Bernard Shaw (2pm, Free)
[Rap] Irish rap group.
- Come On Live Long, Toast Cat Trio @ Whelan’s (€10)
[Alternative] First headline show of 2014 as a fundraiser for upcoming Canadian mini tour.
- Sinead White @ Whelan’s Upstairs (€5)
[Singer-songwriter] Charming performer with a knack for audience participation involving kazoos.
- Flaming June Records presents Patrick Kelleher + Haüer @ The MART, Rathmines (€7, BYOB)
[Alternative] Gallery fundraiser
- Staring At Lakes @ Bello Bar, Portobello (€5)
[Alternative] Staring at Lakes are a six piece alternative band based in Dublin.
- Margie Lewis, Maria Somerville @ The Joinery (€8/€10/BYOB)
[Alternative] Lewis is a classically trained violinist and jazz vocalist who uses loop pedals / Somerville is Connemara native singer.
- Booka Shade @ Vicar Street (€27.50 up)
[Dance] Large scale stage show by the long-standing German duo.
- Punch Face Champions, Between Screams @ The Grand Social (€6.50)
[Alternative/rock] Double A Side launch & Exhibition by Kevin Goss-Ross.
- Neon Disco Club @ Pacino’s (€10, Midnight)
[DJs] TXFM’s Kelly-Anne Byrne, Claire Beck and The Phantom Vandal DJ.
- Subject/POGO: Perc @ Twisted Pepper (€12, 10:30pm)
[Electronic] Album launch. Plus Niall Cleary.
- Hidden Agenda: Flight Facilities @ Button Factory (Sold out)
[Dance] Still tickets left for Up Up Buffet.
- Darklight Festival Party 2014 @ The Generator (€15, 10pm)
[Party] AV/DJ sets from disco doyens Forza Italo and post-punk pros Gib & Peter (Elastic Witch/Skinny Wolves) plus a special live soundtrack of horror classic Haxan from Earthslayer & The Abyss (Simon Bird, Turning Down Sex).
Sunday April 27th
- Gail Brand, Paul G. Smyth @ National Concert Hall (€11)
[Jazz/improv] Trombone and piano performances.
- Darklight festival: Elecktro Moskva – Screening @ Lighthouse (2pm)
[Film] An essayistic documentary about the Soviet electronic age and its legacy.
Monday April 28th
- Watch Game Of Thrones and Mad Men?
Regular club nights and venue info. | Subscribe to the weekly newsletter.