Monday October 8th
- Pale Waves @ The Academy (€20+)
British indie-pop group perform material from their My Mind Makes Noises LP.
- F-JOB, Jazz Jam @ East Side Tavern (free)
A collection of Jazz mentors perform the standards. Jazz jam to follow.
- The Circle Sessions @ The International Bar (free)
A weekly get together of singer-songwriters and spoken word artists.
Tuesday October 9th
- Ruby Sessions: Laoise, Sive, Hatchlings @ Doyle’s (9pm, €7+)
A weekly showcasing of some of the country’s finest singer-songwriters. All ticket proceeds go to the Simon Community.
Wednesday October 10th
- The Bob Lefsetz Podcast with Bob Geldof @ Liberty Hall (€31+)
Popular music podcaster interview ex-Boomtown Rats frontman as part of Dublin Podcast Festival.
- BP Fallon: The Camera & I @ Hens Teeth (6pm, Free)
Launch night for legendary photograph and Renaissance man BP Fallon’s photo exhibition.
- YBN Nahmir @ The Academy (€33+)
Alabama native and rising trap star comes to Dublin.
- The Manor @ The Academy Green Room (€13+)
Contemporary UK reggae group.
- Bodhi @ Wigwam (11pm, €15+)
British duo made famous for excellent edits, including their reworking of The XX’s ‘Angels‘.
Thursday October 11th
- The Untold Story Of The Biggie Smalls & Tupac Shakur Murder Investigations @ Vicar Street (€28+)
Police detective Greg Kading talks the murder case of rap music icons Tupac Shakur and Biggie Smalls as part of Dublin Podcast festival.
- Isabelle O’Connell @ Luther Haus, Adelaide Road (€8+)
Irish pianist performs material composed by the Irish Composers Collective.
- Marc O’Reilly, Joshua Burnside @ Whelan’s Upstairs (€15+)
Irish artist with a blend of rock and blues.
- Homebeat: James Holden & The Animal Spirits @ The Sugar Club (€24+)
Experimental trance artist returns to Ireland, following a superb Body and Soul set.’The Animal Spirits’.
- Secret Thursdays @ Pygmalion (free)
Unannounced guest every week; previous guests have included Jeremy Undergound, Deetron and Ejeca.
- Saint Sister @ The Olympia Theatre (€26+)
Irish folk duo celebrates the launch of their Shape Of Silence LP, check out our review here.
- Rabble Rouzer 11 @ The Underground (Donation)
Fundraiser event for refugees featuring a host of local talent.
- BIMM Dublin Midnight Hour @ Whelan’s upstairs (Free)
Weekly gig featuring the best of Dublin’s music college students.
Friday October 12th
- Tengu presents: Secretsundaze & MiniSoul @ Yamamori Tengu (€10+)
London DJ production duo bring their distinct dance music to Dublin.
- Why-Axis @ The Sound House (€10+)
Rising Irish hip-hop talent performs material from his Airplane Mode mixtape.
- Echo & The Bunnymen @ The Olympia Theatre (Sold out)
You know who Echo & The Bunnymen are.
- Baba Bushka @ The Button Factory (€13+)
8 piece Kate Bush cover band who’ve come all the way from the Bay area.
- Shy Mascot, Damola @ Sin É (9pm, free)
Irish based hip-hop and funk act featured on our Irish tracks list last week.
- Lite, Alarmist @ Bello Bar (€15)
Japanese post- rock band.
- He.She.They: Maya Jane Coles, Wax Wings, Eve @ Opium (10pm, €19+)
Brand new inclusivity based club night from Maya Jane Coles.
- Subject: Jeff Mills @ D8 (11pm,€16+)
The biggest name in techno history.
- Doug Cooney, Maggie Rose b2b Sarah Mooney @ The South William (€7+, 11pm)
Three techno DJ’s spin tunes in aid of homelessness.
- Timmy Stewart BTB Colin Perkins @ Pygmalion (free)
Expect late night grooves. Calum Kennedy on support.
- Kevin Rowland DJ set @ The Grand Social @ The Grand Social (11pm, €12+)
Ex-Dexy’s Midnight Runner front man spins tunes all night long.
- Sarah Mooney B2B Maggie Rose @ 39/40 (11pm, €8+)
Lots of high-quality techno here.
- Sense & Human Error: Jasper James @ The Button Factory (11pm,€10+)
Deep house and disco in the Buttoner of a Friday night.
- Pecking Party @ Whelan’s (free with a comment on the event page, 11.30pm)
The Dublin-based electro-indie group take up the midnight hour slot this week.
Saturday October 13th
- Breakfast Club reunion @ Tengu (1.30pm,€10+)
A getting together of the minds and DJs that ran The Breakfast Club night.
- Cooks But We’re Chefs @ The Bernard Shaw (4pm, free)
Seven-piece jazz fusion group head the bill for an all-day party at the Shaw.
- Division: Will Kinsella (5 hour set) @ Pygmalion (6pm, free)
Berlin based DJ returns to the capital.
- John Smith @ Dublin Unitarian Church (€17+)
Relentless British folk musician hits one of Dublin’s most unique gig locations.
- King Kong Company, Mango X Mathman @ The Olympia Theatre (€22+)
Irish dance band bring out the party vibes with support from the city’s best grime act.
- Roisin El Cherif @ Tengu Kaizen (Free)
Dark pop artist launches single and video for ‘Glass House’.
- We Cut Corners @ Whelan’s (€12+)
Celebrating the release of their new LP Imposters
- Okkervil River @ The Grand Social (€18+)
Long-serving American rock group. ‘Pulled Up The Ribbon‘.
- At Last An Atlas, Big Monster Love, Yawning Chasm @ Anseo (free)
Some of the cities finest alternative indie groups.
- Melodic: Yotto @ Tengu (11pm, €11+)
An electronic producer who has been making a name for himself since releasing an excellent essential mix
- Flashmob @ D8 (11pm, €16+)
Italian electronica DJ.
- Bedlam: Elliot Adamson, Big Miz @ Button Factory (11pm, €13+)
Big house tunes on offer here.
- Alex Smyth, Sylk, Qwasi @ The Grand Social (11pm, free)
Ambient artist performs special free late gig with plenty of quality support.
- UFO Club: Brawther & Charonne @ The South William (11pm, €9+)
Brawther is a Parisian electronica producer. ‘VXVXVX‘
- Index: Stephanie Sykes, Witch Trials, Barry Greaves @ 39/40 (11pm, €10+)
Dark techno in the home of dark Dublin techno.
Sunday October 14th
- No Encore Podcast Live @ The Workman’s Club (€13+)
Dave Hanratty & co take to the Workman’s with Lilla Vargen, Paddy Hanna & Christian Tierney as part of Dublin podcast festival
- Decent Perks @ Pygmalion (4pm, free)
DJ Deece & Colin Perkins for afternoon grooves with 40% off all drinks.
- Sing Along Social: Cher vs. Madonna @ The Sugar Club (€6+)
Dublin’s zero commitment choir is back and setting two giants of 80s pop against one another.
- Suede @ The Bord Gais Energy Theatre (€49+)
Legendary alternative rock group perform material from their back catalogue.
- Albin Lee Meldau @ Whelan’s (€13+)
Swedish singer-songwriter who considers his material musical journalism. ‘The Weight Is Gone‘.
- Tom Odell @ The Olympia Theatre (sold out)
BRIT award-winning singer-songwriter hits Dublin.
- Sim Simma @ Lucky’s (free)
The Sim Simma crew bring their exotic blend of world music to Meath Street.
- Sunday Izakaya @ Izakaya (10.30, free)
Among the best late night options to close out your weekend in Dublin city.