FRIDAY AUGUST 16TH
- Niall Connolly @ Levis’ of Ballydehob (8.30pm, donations)
Brooklyn-based Dub starts a weekend in West Cork with a gig at the village venue.
- Hands Up Who Wants to Die @ The Roundy/PLUGD (8.30pm, €10)
A return to Cork for noise-rock veterans, ahead of their third album’s release. Support from God Alone and MANTUA.
- Fir Beag @ DeBarra’s of Clonakilty (9pm, €tbc)
West Cork supergroup assembles for a rare live excursion for their local-speciality folk-rock.
- TABOO @ Dali (10pm, €12)
More afro-centric beats and hip-hop hits with Stevie G, Chedder and Grillz, joined by guest selector Leslie Goldfinder.
SATURDAY AUGUST 17TH
- Ian Date & Myles Drennan @ Triskel Christchurch (1pm, €10)
Australian jazz guitarist and Louis Stewart protegé complete a double-header afternoon show.
- Vinyl Below x Paul T. @ Connolly’s of Leap (4pm, €10)
Dali’s tech/house residents hop in with Paul T. for an all-dayer under the hammers. Rolling til close.
- The Lost Gecko @ Levis’ of Ballydehob (6pm, donations)
Scots/Cork folk outfit plays an early gig for The Gathering of the Boats at Ballydehob.
- Acoustic Shanties @ An Spailpín Fánach (8.30pm, €15)
Sea shanties and other worldfaring folk from a collective of Cork-based/Polish rock troubadours.
- Elie & Eamo @ The Roundy/PLUGD (9pm, free)
Elie Bukassa and Eamon Hutton, taking care of the dancing business for the record-buying public. Free in all night.
- The Babes @ Fred Zeppelin’s (9pm, €7)
UK Hiberno-punx sling their bagpipes upstairs in the red room, with Audible Joes, Stanton’s Grave and the Nilz on support.
- One Horse Pony @ Coughlan’s (10pm, free)
Cork roots/Americana lads venture back over to Coughlan’s for an intimate gig in the back room.
- Jamie Behan @ Dali (10pm, €10)
Cork City techno veteran returns to the Carey’s Lane venue, with Remedy DJs on backup.
- Chapter 2 @ DeBarra’s of Clonakilty (10.30pm, free)
Noel Redding collaborator Les Samson and the lads do a bit of rock’n’roll.
- Beats @ Cyprus Avenue (11pm, €3)
Mainstream dance floorfillers ’til close.
SUNDAY AUGUST 18TH
- The White Horse Guitar Club @ Levis’ of Ballydehob (3pm, enquire at bar or link for more info)
Eleven-headed folk guitar phalanx piles into the village. Enquire therein for very limited seating.
- Soul Funktion @ The Vicarstown Bar (4pm, free)
Mister Fork and his accomplices are back on the decks after the closure of the Sextant, lending the weight of their disco collecting and soul selecting to the Vicarstown’s Sunday sessioning.
- Brian Deady @ Connolly’s of Leap (7pm, €23)
Chart-topping Corkonian soulman takes an excursion under the hammers.
- Crevice, Eric Mingus, Natalia Beylis, Gavin Prior @ The Roundy/PLUGD (7.30pm, €8)
Newly-Cork-based tape label celebrates eighty cassette releases with a massive line-up that speaks for itself.
- Buddy Mondlock @ The White Horse, Ballincollig (7.30pm, €15)
American folk-poet takes a stop at the southside suburban folk outpost.
- Truckstop Honeymoon @ Levis’ of Ballydehob (8pm, donations)
Bluegrass, music-hall and other Southern doings from double-act Katie and Mike West.
- Paddy Dennehy @ DeBarra’s of Clonakilty (8.30pm, €7)
Singer-songwriter’s West Cork sojourn continues.