Minding Creative Minds (MCM) is a new initiative for members of the Irish music industry.
The 24/7 wellbeing support programme is aimed at musicians, songwriters, artist managers & event production crew in the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland.
- 24/7 Dedicated Phone Line (Phone 1800 814 244) (Calling from NI – 0800 0903677)
- Counselling Service (Short term intervention / Up to 6 Sessions)
- Telephone Counselling
- Secure Video Counselling
- Extensive Web Portal & App enabling live chat function with a counsellor
In addition to the topline services above, Minding Creative Minds also offers:
- Advice on practical, day-to-day issues that cause anxiety and stress
- Legal Assistance for a range of issues
- Financial Assistance & Consumer Advice
- Career Guidance & Life Coaching
- Support for Non-Irish Nationals & their families
- Mediation for conflict resolution
It’s operated by Spectrum Life (a network of 480 counsellors, psychotherapists & psychologists) and put together by mental health charity and awareness festival First Fortnight with assistance from IMRO (Irish Music Rights Organisation), IRMA (Irish Recorded Music Association), RAAP (Recorded Artists, Actors & Performers), Universal Music Ireland, The BAI (Broadcasting Authority of Ireland) and The RTE Choice Music Prize.
The programme is open today.
Dave Reid of First Fortnight and The Choice Music Prize is behind the Minding Creative Minds (MCM) and says:
”We are delighted to launch this critical support programme that will give musicians, songwriters, artist managers & event production crew the opportunity to mind their mental wellbeing and be able to contact qualified counsellors and experts in different fields such as financial planning, legal and career matters enabling expert advice and helping to manage personal issues they might be facing. Working in collaboration with our partner organisations we can now provide a credible support structure for this sector. We look forward to extending this programme within the Irish music Industry and to enable this service to be available to the entire Irish Creative Community in due course”
MCM came about after First Fortnight conducted a survey of nearly 1400 people in the industry and 91% of respondents said that they had experienced anxiety/depression/mental ill health and 95% said that there was a need for a dedicated mental wellbeing support programme for members of the Irish music & creative Community.
Phase one of MCM is intended to be expanded beyond the music industry to open up services for those in the wider Irish creative sector including theatre, film, visual artists and more in due course.
24/7 Helpline number: Phone 1800 814 244 (Calling from NI – 0800 0903677)
International Number – 00353 1 518 0277
The services in detail:
Counselling Service (Short term intervention / Up to 6 Sessions
This includes face to face counselling video or telephone counselling. Important to note video and telephone counselling are only available at the moment due to current public health restrictions. If an individual is referred on for video counselling by their case manager, they will be provided with a link to access live video conferencing with their counsellor (separate to the ‘Minding Creative Minds’ wellbeing portal)
Advanced Counselling / Psychology Services:
If an individual presents with a Mental Health difficulty that is not suitable for short term intervention the Case Manager can discuss with the user the most appropriate care pathway to support their presenting issue, this may entail more long term treatment or GP referral.
Extensive web portal & App / Live online Chat feature
The ‘Minding Creative Minds’ Platform & App enables a live chat function with a counsellor 365 days per year (7am – 10pm daily) and offers users convenient, confidential access to helpful videos, podcasts and blogs on topics around mental health, reducing stress, mindfulness, sleep, nutrition and more.
Looking at the whole individual in the complete context of their minds, the ‘Minding Creative Minds’ programme includes access to a number of additional services to help users overcome various practical issues they may face:
- Advice on practical, day-to-day issues that cause anxiety and stress,
- Legal Assistance – Consultation with Irish solicitors including those specialised in family law matters, property conveyancing, criminal law,
- Financial Assistance & Consumer Assistance – Consultation with qualified Financial Advisors who can offer advice on household budgeting, borrowing/debt management, retirement planning, saving & investment advice,
- Career Guidance & Life Coaching – Access a panel of career coach specialists in career guidance,
- Support for Non-Irish Nationals & their families – helping to make the transition into the Irish system as smooth as possible,
- Mediation Services – Help with disputes in the workplace, or issues related to family business, defective goods & services, building & construction.