Féile Classical, the one-day festival that put on a load of ’90s acts in Semple Stadium in Thurles, Tipperary last year in tribute to the Trip to Tipp, is returning for a full weekender as Tipp Classical this year on September 20th and 21st.
Playing live are a collection of nineties-associated acts with accompaniment from the Irish Chamber Orchestra. It’s curated by Tom Dunne.
- Sultans Of Ping
- The Stunning
- Transvision Vamp’s Wendy James
- The Frank & Walters
- Something Happens
- The Fat Lady Sings
- Eleanor Mcevoy
- THE TIPP TOP Hosted By Jerry Fish & Friends
- Djs Micky Mac and Will Leahy
- Brian Downey’s Alive & Dangerous – A Celebration of Thin Lizzy’s ‘Live and Dangerous’ album
- The Music Of Shane McGowan with ICO and guests
- TRIBAL TALKS Hosted by John Meagher, Irish Independent
More to be announced
Day tickets start from €89.50 and weekend €159.50 from Eventbrite.
Physical Tickets are available in Lar Na Pairce, Thurles.
The expanded 2-day festival will cater for up to 30,000 fans in Semple Stadium alone and following on from the much-acclaimed FMC Music Trail of Liberty Square, this year the trail will include more venues and a mix of music and other entertainment. Building on the success of last year’s Glamping facilities, for those who want to stay overnight in style, organisers have put together a broader range of options, suiting all price points this year.