Body & Soul are putting on The Shapeshifter’s Ball, a special “evening of Immortal Proportions, Dark Veils & Twisted Tales in association with the Bram Stoker Festival” in IMMA on Saturday October 25th.
The “intimate, slightly twisted, Gothic-themed soiree” will feature live, theatrical and chilling performances including:
- the DCC/Opera in the Open: ‘Der Vampyr’ by Marschner in the Courtyard
- Mercury Prize-nominated Scottish rap group Young Fathers
- 22 year-old multi-instrumentalist East India Youth (also Mercury nominated)
- Ibiza veteran DJ and former Utah Saints man Tim Sheridan
- House, dub and techno Berlin DJ Alex Do
- Ensemble Music-curated classical, electronic and jazz in the 17th Century Baroque Chapel with Tonnta, Téada Orchestra, Loah, OKO and Simon Bird
- Spectral sounds in IMMA’s glorious Great Hall
- Complimentary delectable nibbles and theatrical bites on arrival by The Domestic Godless Art Collective;
- Bespoke visuals by Kevin Freeney of Clu;
- Goth Karaoke
- Cabaret from performance to life-drawing at Dr. Sketchy’s anti-art class
- Guests are encouraged to arrive in costume, and those that don’t can avail of the complimentary roaming make-up artistry or to rent something suitably ostentatious from the expansive, on-site wardrobes of The Abbey Theatre.
Tickets are €44.50 or so with booking fee via Ticketmaster.