THURSDAY JANUARY 31ST
- The Slut Club @ Fred Zeppelin’s (9pm, €5)
Various strains of indie gas-bastardry with the Corkonian three-piece. Also on the billing: The Maryclaires and Ora Fantoma.
- Remedy DJs @ Dali (10pm, €5)
Acid house, jungle and techno vibes upstairs on Carey’s Lane, for the venue’s Thursday ‘new collectives’ residency, following a debut EP release last year.
FRIDAY FEBRUARY 1ST
- The Service @ The Kino (8.30pm, €tbc)
Put your braces together and your boots on your feet: long-running local ska boys hit the Kino for an evening show.
- Kushti, Arbraz & Liverlifter @ Fred Zeppelin’s (9pm, €5)
Rave, techno, hardtek and related degeneracy courtesy of the Rebel City Gigs crew, with help from Dublin-based TEKNO Republic’s Kushti.
- Bouts, Any Joy & Laurie Shaw @ The Roundy/PLUGD (9pm, €6)
A huge triple-bill of indie and psych to help Dublin indie-pop outfit Bouts launch second long-player ‘Flow’.
- Daithí @ DeBarra’s of Clonakilty (9.30pm, €12)
Daithí re-emerges with a new live show in Clonakilty’s folk stronghold, following a busy 2018, joined by new vocalist Anna Mularkey.
- Jamie Behan @ Dali (10pm, €10)
Acid, breaks, techno and electro with Bastardo Electrico main-man and Cork techno institution. Support from Botanical Duo.
- Jam! @ Cyprus Avenue (11pm, €8)
Stevie G returns to the decks at Cyprus Avenue with an absolute lash of hip-hop, soul and R’n’B, plus the Hot Sauce dance crew.
SATURDAY FEBRUARY 2ND
- John Blek @ Music Zone, Douglas Shopping Centre (2pm, free)
Folk raconteur and The Rats frontman performs tracks from his new album ‘Thistle and Thorn’ in-store. Your chance to catch him live this weekend, following a sold-out launch gig at Coughlan’s.
- Diffract @ The Roundy/PLUGD (7pm, €5)
Community club night returns to Castle Street right in time for the end of Dry January. Resident DJs Geronimo Flex and TV Licence Inspector are joined this month by Olan Cahill (Cuttin’ Heads/Auxiliary), Phiach, and Australian/French deck duo Elie & Isaac.
- Malcolm Middleton @ Cyprus Avenue (7.30pm, €15)
Former Arab Strap man comes to Caroline Street for a solo, not-jazz set, in support of “seven-hundredth” studio album ‘Bananas’.
- Shhh and Dance @ An Spailpín Fánach (8pm, €5)
Former house-party specialists the Technomermaids and their guests celebrate a year of international tunes and the dancing that results.
- The Vercettis @ The Poor Relation (9pm, €5)
Indie three-piece darken the doors of the Poora for a January gig. Support from Lonely Eskimo.
- Dead Horse Jive @ The Brú (10pm, free)
Galway rock and/or rollers have taken it upon themselves to do a mad dash of all-Ireland touring before Brexit and the related derangement happens, including a free gig at the McCurtain Street hostel.
- Fish Go Deep @ Dali (10pm, €tbc)
Greg and Shane head back to Carey’s Lane for their first residents’ gig of the year, following the success of their thirtieth-anniversary nights in December.
SUNDAY FEBRUARY 3RD
- Pinhole @ The Roundy/PLUGD (8.30pm, €tbc)
Kerry/Cork four-piece return after a big pre-Xmas gig in Whelan’s in Dubland. Support from rave/rock soloist Áine Duffy.
- The Big Lovin’ @ Crane Lane Theatre (midnight, free)
Pop/funk outfit continue holding a mirror up to the genre’s excesses in showmanlike fashion with a gig at the Crane.
While you’re here, check out Red on Red, your writer’s weekly podcast focused on Cork music and the personalities behind it, via Cork’s RedFM.
Our first-anniversary episode, it’s available now to stream and download on the site, as well as iTunes, Spotify and Google Podcasts.