Regular club nights and venue information. | Subscribe to the newsletter.
Thursday August 9th
- Natalia Beylis + Willie Stewart @ The Roundy (8pm, €5)
Woven Skull members play solo sets for Cork Improvised Music Club as part of its monthly PLUGD/Roundy residency.
- Rowan @ Coughlan’s Live (9pm, €7)
Dylan Howe and collaborators finally formally launch debut E.P. ‘Asleep in the Rain’, following extensive pre-launch gigging around the county.
- [email protected] Dali (10pm, free)
House collective assume their regular residency at the Carey’s Lane club.
Friday August 10th
- Clang Sayne @ Sirius Arts Centre (7.30pm, €20)
Sirius’ latest Supper gig combines a dinner presented by local gastronauts with a live set from psych-folk four piece Clang Sayne.
- Palm Reader @ The Poor Relation (8pm, €10)
British hardcore outfit take in Irish touring for their new album ‘Braille’. Back up from Bailer, Worn Out and Selkies.
- Paper Dollhouse @ The Roundy (8pm, €10)
Dream-pop duo, taking in ambience and field recordings, joined by Cork trio Crevice in their PLUGD Records gigging debut.
- Zrazy @ Levis’ of Ballydehob (8.30pm, €tbc)
Long-running electronic/pop/improvisation outfit heads to the village pub in Ballydehob.
- Jon Barry + Darren Li @ Dali (10pm, €10)
Back-to-back sets from two of Dali’s reliable regulars, plus visuals and drink deals.
Saturday August 11th
- Cian Finn @ Connolly’s of Leap (6pm, €15)
World-travelled reggae vocalist goes under the hammers with a full sound-system in tow.
- Footnotes @ The Roundy (8pm, free)
The Footnotes residents have their dancing records ready for pomp and circumstance, joined by their royal guest for the evening, The Crown Prince of Waterford.
- Colm K + Dim the Lights @ Dali (10pm, €10)
Colm Kenefick makes his second appearance at the Carey’s Lane venue, with support from Paul and Gilly of Dim the Lights.
- Ça Va? @ Cyprus Avenue (11pm, €10)
Gwada Mike and Kidjack return to Cyprus Avenue after their Bastille Day party for another night of Francophone beats and pieces.
Sunday August 12th
- Eggs on Tour @ Levis’ of Ballydehob (11am bus from the city, €25)
The fifth annual all-dayer at Levis’. Bus leaves Patrick’s Quay at 11am, with brunch served on arrival before a day of live music, DJs and assorted scutting.
- Out of Space @ The Vicarstown Bar (2pm, free)
Aoife O’Neill, Gary Fitz, Evan Footnotes and Elie Bukassa take shifts at the decks for an all-day instalment.
- Cian Finn @ The Yoga Loft (8pm, €15)
Unplugged and unamplified show, showcasing unreleased acoustic and spoken-word material from Galway’s reggae nomad.
- Sunday Times x Apartment Records @ The Bowery (9pm, free)
The ST residents are joined by Apartment’s Kenny Hanlon and Eddie Reynolds for a special celebration for the launch of their new collaborative compilation, with limited wax available on the night.
- Crow Black Chicken @ The Crane Lane (midnight, free)
Another night of power-trio blues from the Cork/Clonmel globetrotters at the Crane.
To submit gigs for consideration to the Nialler9 Cork gig guide, email: mikemcgrathbryan(at)gmail.com, or slide into the DMs: @mike_mcgb.
While you’re here, check out Red on Red, your writer’s new podcast for Cork’s RedFM, spotlighting the city’s independent music community. This week: we’re talking to producer, DJ and musician Eamon Ivri, aka Lighght, about SESHFM’s new Palestine fundraiser ‘Solidarity: Vol. 1’. Listen, subscribe and catch up here, or find us on iTunes, Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts and more.