MONDAY FEBRUARY 13TH:
- An Audience with Humans of the Sesh @ UCC Boole Auditorium 3 (5.30pm, free)
If you’re brave/disregarding of self-interest enough to be on UCC campus for RAG Week, manky memelords Humans of the Sesh are taking to the world of academic debates for UCC Philosoph.
- Pusher @ Cyprus Avenue (11.00pm, €6/8)
Later that night, live house goes down at Cyprus to help launch March’s Higher Vision festival, as Fleece presents Irish producer Pusher.
TUESDAY FEBRUARY 14TH:
- DeepBlue @ Cyprus Avenue (11pm, €7)
More house/techno for RAG Week, this time in a special instalment of Deep Blue’s Boiler Sessions.
WEDNESDAY FEBRUARY 15TH:
- UCC vs. CIT DJ Societies @ UCC Devere Hall (2pm, free)
Intervarsity warfare as Cork’s two major institutions pitch their DJ socs against each other with the support of Cork and Kerry Drug & Alcohol Task Forces. Techno and house in abundance.
THURSDAY FEBRUARY 16TH:
- Footnotes @ The Friary (9pm, free)
The dancier end of the dancefloor spectrum, with funk, disco and boogie being spun by the Footnotes team in Cork’s biggest little pub.
- Solace & DeepBlue @ Cyprus Avenue (11pm, €5/7)
A second appearance this week for DeepBlue, this time with promotion newbies Solace for their second outing at Cyprus.
- Black Pope @ The Crane Lane Theatre (12.00pm, free)
Rock ‘n’ rollers from Cork in a midnight hometown show as part of a national tour, with support from rarely-seen funk outfit Kashkao.
FRIDAY FEBRUARY 17TH:
- John Blek @ Connolly’s of Leap (8.00pm, €10)
Cork singer-songwriter continues his never-ending tour in support of second solo album ‘Cut the Light’.
- Undercurrent @ The Kino (9.00pm, €10)
The first of a new BYOB night at the Washington St. theatre, a new venture between Cormac Daly of Cosmonaut Gigs and DJ/promoter Jonezy. Grime, d’n’b, dubstep and other electronic goodies.
- Prok & Fitch @ Cyprus Avenue (11.00pm, €16)
Much-fancied and world-travelled Brighton tech-house duo stop at Cyprus Avenue.
SATURDAY FEBRUARY 18TH:
- Leapington @ Connolly’s of Leap (8.30pm, €10)
Alt-rockers Hope is Noise, post-metallers Rest, hardcore four-piece Horse and new lads The Liminals head out West for a ruck. Bus departing the Library on Grand Parade at 5.30 for this one (€20 for bus & ticket).
- T-woc & Dowth @ The Kino (9.00pm, €10)
Psychedelia/world-beats head T-Woc invites Dublin folk outfit Dowth down to Cork as part of a double-headlining show, with support from Cork improv electronic soloist Underling.
- Neon Atlas & Paradox @ Crane Lane Theatre (9pm, free)
Double-bill of Cork alternative rock, with Neon Atlas launching new single ‘The Afterglow’ and Paradox warming up for new material.
- Dim the Lights @ Gulpd Cafe (9pm, free)
DJs Gilbert Steele and Paul O’Driscoll unleash disco, Italo, house and sundry other dancefloor-friendly bits in a new night launching this weekend.
- aboveDat @ Cyprus Avenue (11.00pm, €8)
Stevie G and Ian Ring’s project launches new single ‘Better’, with visuals from Feel Good Lost’s Conall Thompson and support from Rory of local night Fleece.
SUNDAY FEBRUARY 19TH:
- TG4 Gradam Ceoil @ Cork Opera House (8.30pm, €25)
The annual awards ceremony for the traditional music community, with awards for Ceolteoir Óg Liam O’Brien among those being presented live on TG4.