MONDAY FEBRUARY 6TH:
- We’re all still wrecked from Block Party, no music or anything for anyone.
TUESDAY FEBRUARY 7TH:
- UCC Battle of the Bands @ Cyprus Avenue (8pm, free/€2 for non-students)
The baby child of UCC’s old music societies, UCC Music Society, continues its annual battle of the bands, with local weirdos Land Crabs joined by relative new arrivals She and Dry Roasted Peanuts.
WEDNESDAY FEBRUARY 8TH:
- Frightened Rabbit @ Cyprus Avenue (8pm, €17.50)
Scots outfit continue their ongoing Irish tour with a stop in the Caroline Street venue.
THURSDAY FEBRUARY 9TH:
- Cult Called Man @ Crane Lane Theatre (9pm, free)
Shimmery, psychey Dubland pop outfit come down to Cork for a midnight gig at the Crane.
FRIDAY FEBRUARY 10TH:
- Oscar Mulero @ Cyprus Avenue (11pm, €20)
Spanish electronic music trailblazer plays Cyprus Avenue in a special instalment of the Bastardo Electrico night.
SATURDAY FEBRUARY 11TH:
- Jim Ghedi @ Gulpd Cafe (7pm, €5)
Traditional folk musician varies between six and twelve strings with finger-style compositions. Support from Dancing Bears, a.k.a. Ten Past Seven’s Rory O’Brien.
- Mark Eitzel @ Cyprus Avenue (8pm, €20)
American Music Club frontman and singer-songwriter comes to Cork to promote tenth solo LP ‘Hey Mr. Ferryman’, co-produced with Bernard Butler (ex-Suede)
- Fish Go Leap @ Connolly’s of Leap (8pm, €12)
Greg, Shane and Colm go back beyond the law for another night of deep house, kicking off their venue residency for the year.
Carried by Waves @ Crane Lane Theatre (8.30pm, free)
Atmospheric electronics and reverby guitars aplenty at the next Alliance Promotions gig. Support from one-man math-pop outfit Stuck on Repeat.
SUNDAY FEBRUARY 12TH:
- Jack O’Rourke @ Levis’ of Ballydehob (8pm, donations)
Local singer-songwriter continues his exhaustive national tour of the People’s Republic with a stop at Levis’. Pass-the-hat gig, in through the back door.