Highlights: Choice Music Prize live event, Lunice, Little Green Cars, FaltyDL, Lianne La Havas, Kool Thing & No Regular Play, Cyril Hahn, Homeboy Sandman…
Ticket freebies this week:
Tickets to giveaway to ASIWYFA listening party, Red Bull Bedroom Jam launch (Wednesday), Bloody Beetroots (Friday) and Homeboy Sandman (Sunday). Full details of each show and how to enter below.
If you’re looking for tickets to sold out gigs try #ticketfairy on Twitter.
- How to enter – Email [email protected] with the gig in the Subject line you’re entering for along with your full name and phone number in the body before 5pm the day before the gig to enter. You can enter into as many as you like but only one entry/email per gig.
- Lianne La Havas @ Olympia Theatre (€21)
[Folk/pop] Soulful singer-songwriter. ‘Forget’ Support from Gavin James.
- And So I Watch You From Afar Listening Party @ Whelan’s (WIN TICKETS)
[Rock] Hear All Hail Bright Futures in advance.
- Red Bull Bedroom Jam launch @ The Workman’s Club (WIN TICKETS, 6:30pm)
[Rock/folk] Launch of this year’s event with Hudson Taylor and last year’s winner Walking On Cars.
- Elton John Reworked @ The Grand Social (€14)
[Pop] Five bands perform Elton’s songs in aid of The S.C.O.O.P Foundation.
- Kaleidoscope @ Odessa Club (€12)
[Classical/contemporary] Includes solo works on piano, violin and cello.
- Movements: Cyril Hahn @ The Button Factory (SOLD OUT,11pm)
[Dance/electro] Hype Machine-hyped producer and remixer. Solange remix.
Thursday March 7th
- Foy Vance @ The Sugar Club (€13)
[Folk/pop] Just signed to US label Glassnote. ‘Joy Of Nothing’
- Choice Music Prize live @ Vicar Street (€22.50)
[Irish eclectic] 9 of the 10 shortlisted acts for Irish album of the year play live. Heathers, Wallis Bird, Damien Dempsey, The Cast of Cheers, Delorentos, Adrian Crowley, Julie Feeney, windings and Mumblin Deaf Ro.
- Junior Spesh: Lunice @ Twisted Pepper (€12, 10.30pm)
[Dance/hip-hop] One half of TNGHT and awesome dancer/producer to boot.
- Squarehead, So Cow, The #1s @ The Workman’s Club (€8)
[Rock] A pre-SXSW show for Squarehead and So Cow.
- Stop Making Sense screening @ King 7, Capel Street (€8/€5, 8pm screening)
[Film] The Talking Heads movie and DJs.
- Bitches Brew Deux @ Sweeneys (Free)
[Eclectic] A celebration of female musicians for International Women’s Day.
- Wölfbait, David Donohoe, Niamh de Barra @ The Joinery (€8, BYOB)
[Experimental] Improvised electronica and psychedelics.
- Little Green Cars @ Button Factory (Sold out)
[Indie/folk] With their debut album and a larger Vicar Street gig announced, you won’t be seeing these guys here for much longer.
- Bloody Beetroots @ Olympia Theatre (WIN TICKETS)
[Dance] Masked and maximalist electro duo.
- No Static: Handsome Paddy, Orquesta, Greg Spring @ The Sugar Club (Free, 11pm)
[DJs] playing a mix of dancefloor-centric jams.
- The Vincents @ Whelan’s Upstairs (Midnight, Free before 10.30pm)
[Rock] Grungey Cork band – ‘I Asked Her To The Dance’.
- Falty DL, All City DJs @ Twisted Pepper (€12, 11pm)
[Electronic/rap] Ninja Tune’s recent Nialler9 album of the week.
- No Spill Blood @ Whelan’s (€10)
[Instrumental rock] The fast and the furious + Melodica Deathship & Zom.
- Miriam Ingram @ The Grand Social (€10)
[Atmospheric folk] Preview of Miriam’s third album with an 11-piece band.
- Hidden Agenda: No Regular Play, Kool Thing @ Button Factory (€10/€8, 11pm)
[Electronic/indie] Wolf + Lamb live house (Boiler Room) and the Berlin duo Kool Thing launch their debut album.
- Homeboy Sandman @ The Sugar Club (WIN TICKETS, 9pm)
[Rap] Queens rapper on the excellent Stones Throw label. ‘Couple Bars’
- POGO & Kitchen Sync: Rrose & Frank B @ Twisted Pepper (€12/€10)
[House/techno] Sandwell District and a 3-hour set from Dubliner Frankie – ‘Chain of Fools’.
Sunday March 10th
- 12 Sundays: Smooth Collective @ The Bernard Shaw (Free, 6pm)
[Eclectic] Laid back Sunday producer session.
- Popical Island @ The Stag’s Head (€8)
[Indie/rock] Cave Ghosts, September Girls & Hunk!
Monday March 11th
- Black Rebel Motorcycle Club @ The Academy (€26)
[American rock] Still a thing?