European Endless: 12 is a new charity compilation album out tomorrow featuring Arvo Party, The Bonk, Fixity and more conceived by Will Cagney Murphy of Blank Screen TVs after 12 months of mostly lockdown life to ask the artists to create a 12-minute piece of music driven by the motorik beat that became the calling card of German krautrock acts Neu! and Can.
The artists who responded to the brief and feature here include Belfast producer Arvo Party, experimental project The Bonk, former O Emperor musician Paul Savage’s Whozyerman?, Danny Carroll of Shrug Life’s latest project Cynthia Access Point, Dan Walsh-led psychedelic free jazz outfit Fixity, Belfast synth wizard Aileen McKenna, aka This Ship Argo, while Kopfkino is a new collaboration between members of Junk Drawer, Electric Octopus, Space Shepherds, Nomadic Rituals while new faces include experimental hip hop of Roly, dream pop band L.C.F. and the “manic electronic fury of homoterribilis and Julia McConway’s intense spoken word.”
There is wide variety of music and sound, texture and mood, throughout the 12 tracks:
Artwork is by Booker Prize-nominated translator, Frank Wynne.
- Arvo Party – Kraftfahrzeug
- The Bonk – Ten Thousand Steps
- Whozyerman? – Months On End
- L.C.F. – Pat McDonagh t/a Supermacs vs McDonald’s International
- Roly – Holy Motorik
- Homoterribilis. – all theft is art
- Julia McConway – Four Walls
- Cynthia Access Point – February
- Blank Screen TVs – Apple Tree
- Kopfkino – Kopfkino
- Fixity – Ask Yourself
- This Ship Argo – East to the North Coast