National Concert Hall and Sounding The Feminists expand Awards Scheme
The National Concert Hall and Sounding The Feminists with support from Creative Ireland have announced the expansion of the Sounding The Feminists Scheme to include new Project and Recording Awards in addition to the existing Commission Awards.
The new Project Award supports women-led artists in devising and presenting imaginative, engaging, and high-quality new music projects. The new Recording Award supports a high-quality professional recording project, which aims to enrich public knowledge and understanding of how women composers and creative artists have contributed to repertoires.
- Commissions Award – Established Artists €10,000
- Commissions Award – Mid-Career/Emerging €3,000
- Music Recording Award 2020/21: €10,000
- Music Project Award 2020/2: €15,000
You can only apply for one scheme
- Applicant/Lead must have been born in, or be resident in, the Island of Ireland.
- Commission Awards are open to people who identify as women. Project and Recording Awards must be women-led.
- Award winners, in relevant categories, must be available to attend the rehearsals and premiere performance in person on dates as agreed with NCH. It is intended that resulting performance-based works will be premiered and produced by NCH in 2021/2222
See details of each fund and the requirements at the NCH site.