Today the National Concert Hall have released the full schedule for their 2018/19 Perspectives series.
The lineup features a two day residency from legendary modernist composer Philip Glass. Glass will be performing the famous ‘Music In 12 Parts’ during his first performance and the KOYAANSQATSI Soundtrack during his second night.
Lisa Hannigan will be performing with renowned European music collective s t a r g a z e. During this concert Hannigan and Co. will be playing re-imagined versions of songs from across all three of her albums. Considering the calibre of musicians s t a r g a z e have worked with before (Nils Frahm, Sonic Youth’s Lee Ranaldo and Iceage) this gig is going to be well worth your time and money.
The following artists are set to perform:
- Lisa Hannigan & s t a r g a z e – 6/7th October 2018
- Pharoah Sanders Quartet – 7th November 2018
- Punch Brothers – 19th November 2018
- Bill Frisell Trio – 21st Febuary 2019
- Anounar Brahem – Blue Maqams with Dave Holland, Nasheet Wait and Django Bates – 16th March 2019
- Anoushka Shankar – 6th April 2019
- Meshell Ndegeocello – 29th May 2019
- Philip Glass Quartet – 26/27th October 2019
Tickets for all events go on sale Monday 11th June @ 10am.