Good evening Dublin and that’s an order!
The 7-day gig guide to Dublin music and events // November 12th – 18th
If you’re looking for tickets to sold out gigs try #ticketfairy on Twitter.
Ticket freebies this week:
- Night Of The Machines V @ The Sugar Club (Wednesday)
- Liza Flume, Slow Skies @ The Workman’s Club (Thursday)
- Cian Nugent and the Cosmos, Katie Kim @ The Grand Social (Friday)
- Ane Brun @ Vicar Street (Saturday)
How to enter – Email [email protected] with the gig above in the Subject line you’re entering for along with your full name and phone number in the body of the message. Full info on each show below. Draw closes at 6pm the day before the gig.
Monday November 11th
- The Necks @ Whelan’s (€20)
[Rock] Aussie improv trio.
Tuesday November 12th
- Nothing @ Nowhere (€zilch)
[None] No gigs of note today. Bizarre.
Wednesday November 13th
- Alaisdair Roberts @ Whelan’s (€12)
[Folk] Scottish folk singer-songwriter.
- Night Of The Machines V @ The Sugar Club (€10, WIN TICKETS)
[Electronic] Electro Sensitive Behaviour feat: Perry Blake, KuBO, Haüer and more.
- Dublin Laptop Orchestra @ National Concert Hall (€10)
[Electronic] Dublin Laptop Orchestra make music with lots of laptops, hands, golf controllers, a wireless router.
- Movements: FKJ @ Button Factory (€6-€8, 10:30pm)
[Electronic] Cool sounds from French producer French Kiwi Juice.
Thursday November 14th
- Frightened Rabbit @ Olympia Theatre (€22)
[indie] Scottish anthemic indie rock.
- Liza Flume, Slow Skies @ The Workman’s Club (€10, WIN TICKETS)
[Folk] Debut headline show from the Australian cute-as-a-button singer-songwriter.
- Zebra: Other Creatures, My Mind Races @ Whelan’s (€10, Free before 10:30pm, Late show)
[Irish] New Irish bands play this club night every week. Other Creatures are ones to watch.
- Mind Symphony @ Button Factory (€15)
[Charity night] Co-orch – A 45 piece orchestra, will offer-up a night of classical music with a modern slant. In aid of online mental health charity Turn2me.org.
- BadbadNotGood, Alarmist @ The Sugar Club (€12)
[Jazz /hip-hop] UK trio bonded over love of Odd Future, Odd Future, Gucci Mane and Lil B.
- Junior Spesh: Beach EP Launch Zebra @ Twisted Pepper (10:30pm, €8/€5)
[Rock] Launch of EP from four-piece BIMM band Beach. Zebra also a band not the club night.
Friday November 15th
- The Pharcyde @ The Sugar Club (€22)
[Rap] ’90s rap group playing Bizarre Ride II The Pharcyde album.
- Disclosure @ Olympia (Sold out)
[Dance] Heineken Live Project gig. Limited tickets.
- Cian Nugent and the Cosmos, Katie Kim @ The Grand Social (€10)
[Guitar] Launch of Born With The Caul LP.
- Movember Fundraiser @ Molloy and Dowlings (€15)
[Live] I ♥ the Monster Hero and more.
- Melodic: Guy J @ The Grand Social (€12, 10pm)
[Dance] Israeli producer on Carl Cox’s Safehouse roster. Downstairs
- We Are Electronic: Steven Tang aka Obsolete Music Technology @ The Pint (€10, 10:30pm)
[Electronic] Plus Lerosa, Byron.
- Street Tracks Feat. Waze & Odyssey @ The Grand Social (€15, 11:30pm)
[Dance] Plus Frank B. Upstairs.
- Night Moves presents: Jacques Renault, Get Down Edits @ The Academy (€8/€10, 10pm)
[Dance] All profits go to Movember.
- Emergence and Bruce Willis present: Rustie @ Twisted Pepper (10:30pm, €15/€12)
[Dance] Hyperactive day-glow electronic producer from Glasgow.
Saturday November 16th
- Breakfast Club presents Lawrence, Benjamin Freeney @ The Dark Horse Inn (€12, 7am)
[Dance] Early morning music from Hamburg and London.
- Public Service Broadcasting, Sounds Of System Breakdown @ Button Factory (€12)
[Rock] Old-timey radio samples meets post-rock.
- Sigur Ros @ The O2 (€40)
[Rock] The epic Icelandic band in the stadium. I Break Horses support.
- FMC Tour: Le Galaxie, Funeral Suits, Leanne Harte @ The Workman’s Club (SOLD OUT)
[Tour] As part of a nationwide tour that hits Portlaoise and Dundalk also this week.
- Ane Brun @ Vicar Street (€22, WIN TICKETS)
[Alt-pop] With support TonBruket. European tour vid.
- Big Itch Club: September Girls, The #1s, Faux Kings @ Thomas House (€5)
[Rock] Launch of Big Itch Club 7″ limited edition vinyl.
- DOTT, The Run Ons, littlexsforeyes @ Whelan’s (€8)
[Indie-rock] Launch of the Galway band’s debut album Swoon. Hear it at State.
- The Orb @ Button Factory (11pm, €23)
[Electronic] Vintage classic dance playing Adventures Beyond The Ultraworld & U.F. Orb live.
- Mother presents Aeroplane @ Copper Alley (€10 before 10:30pm, €12 after)
[Dance] Vito De Luca’s disco dance project plus support Ghostboy.
- BURNIN’ UP presents Danny Oliver @ The Grand Social (11.30pm, Free)
[Disco DJS] High Soul Society DJ hosted by Kelly-Anne Byrne (Phantom 105.2)
Sunday November 17th
- 12 Sundays: Huero S @ The Bernard Shaw (Free, 9pm)
[DJs/Live] Opal Tapes. “soporific dub-house”
- Queens Of The Stone Age @ The O2 (€39)
[Rock] Josh Homme and friends batter the fuck out of their instruments for fun and your general enjoyment.
- Julia Holter @ Unitarian Church (€18.50)
[Composer] LA experimental composer who released her excellent Loud City Song album in August. Also plays Whelan’s on 19th November.
Monday November 18th
- The Pixies @ Olympia Theatre (Sold out)
[Rock] Is it the same without Kim Deal? Do we need another tour? Was the last EP terrible? No / No / Yes
- Torres @ The Sugar Club (€12)
[Folk] Nashville singer-songwriter
- His Clancyness @ Whelan’s Upstairs (€10)
[indie] Canadian indie-rock. Safe Around The Edges.
- Soweto Gospel Choir @ National Concert Hall (€19 up)
[Gospel] South African gospel choir.