The 7-day gig guide to Dublin music and events this week.
Highlights: Electric Picnic, Shit Robot and James Murphy @ Recession Session, Spirit Of Folk Semi-Final, Totally Irish Live with Come On Live Long.
If you’re looking for tickets to sold out gigs try #ticketfairy on Twitter.
Ticket freebies this week:
- None. Come back later.
How to enter – Email [email protected] with the gig above in the Subject line you’re entering for along with your full name and phone number in the body of the message. Draw closes at 6pm the day before the gig.
Tuesday August 27th
- Josephine Foster @ Douglas Hyde Gallery (€8)
[Folk] Colorado singer-songwriter.
Wednesday August 28th
- UO ❤ Festivals @ Urban Outfitters, Temple Bar (7pm-10pm)
[Instore] Effy (DJ), Bruce Willis DJs.
- Joe Henry @ Whelan’s (€16.50)
[Rock/folk/jazz] Grammy-winning singer-songwriter with Lisa Hannigan, John Smith & Ross Turner.
- A Woman’s Heart @ Olympia Theatre (€19)
[Live] Eleanor McEvoy, Gemma Hayes, Sharon Shannon & more.
Thursday August 29th
- Red Bull Bedroom Jam Final @ Whelan’s (invite only)
[Live] The Cast Of Cheers, Corner Boy, Touchwood, Aces Wild
- Totally Irish Live: Come On Live Long, Raglans, Lotus eater @ Hard Rock Café (Free)
[indie] 98FM’s John Barker presents a free gig of Irish music.
- Phantom presents: Sweet Jane & Jonny Rep @ The Workman’s Club (Tickets on Phantom.FM)
[indie] Irish indie-rock presented by Irish rock station.
- Recession Session: James Murphy, Shit Robot, Billy Scurry @ The Sugar Club (€12, 9pm)
[DJs] Marcus Lambkin brings over that guy from DFA for a Picnic warmup.
- Junior Spesh: Ghosts, Spies, Telephone, Fears @ Twisted Pepper (€8/€5, 10:30pm)
[Eclectic] Single name Irish bands and “outfits”.
- Zebra: Swords, Tara @ Whelan’s Upstairs (Free before 10:30pm, €10 after)
[Live] Late-night sets from Irish bands.
Friday August 30th
- Loud Mouth Collective 2nd Birthday @ The Bernard Shaw (Free)
[DJs] Loud Mouth DJs: Cian AKA KIKI The Archetype aka Ross Lawrence & Redahan
- Firehouse Skank @ The Pint (€5, 10pm)
[Reggae] Roots Reggae Soundsystem
- World Service: JWP @ Twisted Pepper (€16.50/€20, 10:30pm)
[Hip-hop] Polish hip-hop.
Saturday August 31st
- Spirit Of Folk Semi-Final @ Whelan’s (3:30pm, €10)
[All Day] – Mossy Nolan, The Cujo Family and lots of bands plus food stall and more.
- Lockout 1913: Andy Irvine, Jinx Lennon, Captain Moonlight & more @ The Workman’s Club (€12/€15)[Eclectic] Remembrance night where “polemic theatre meets polemic art”.
- Songs of Struggle & Protest: The Lockout @ The Grand Social (€10)
[Folk/acoustic] Francis Devine & Fergus Russell, Johnny Rage & Friends, Rhyan O’Halloran & Friends, Dylan Neeson & Ln Altounian
- Pogo: Doghouse, Bang The Box, Twin @ Twisted Pepper (€10, 11pm)
[Dance] Al Murphy, Michael Rochford, Donal G, Brian O’Neill, Dave Sheedy.
Sunday September 1st
- 12 Sundays @ The Bernard Shaw (3pm, Free)
[Party] Dimensions Festival warmup.
- Hoodie Allen @ The Academy (€25)
[Rap] New York rapper.
Monday September 2nd
- Paramore @ The O2 (€33)
[Rock] Stadium punk pop.