As many of you regular readers know, Aoife and I had the recent good fortune of a trip to Australia courtesy of Tourism Australia. We visited Melbourne and Perth in a packed ten days taking in as much music, food and culture as we could.
In this podcast, we bring you tracks from the best Oz music we found on our trip plus interviews with some really nice people we met who are doing good things for music in Australia. Aoife Mc is your podhost as always. Soundcloud player, tracklisting and direct links below.
Podcast #26 -Tracklisting
- Spod – 2 Tite 2 Mention –Superfrenz
- Interview with Simon Winkler and Jacinta Parsons of Triple R
- Umpire – Streamers – Umpire
- Tame Impala – Sundown Syndrome – Buy on eMusic
- Baseball – Lines and Lines and Lines – Animal Kingdom
- Interview with Jonathon Williamson of Victoria Rocks
- Diger Rokwell – Shadows Lonely – The Earth Head
- The Drones – I Don’t Ever Want To Change –Custom Made
- Interview with Shane Wickens of The Push
- The Scotch of St. James – The Happy Peacock
- Apricot Rail – Pouring Milk Out The Window –Apricot Rail
- The Triffids – Wide Open Road – Check out the video from 1986
(right click to download)