We finally recorded number eight last night, despite being overcome with random giddiness all day yesterday. Do you ever get like that? When you can’t help but do something silly by default. Anyway, I made it very difficult for Aoife when she was recording it cos I was like that. Poor girl. I did learn about Musical Youth though so it’s all good.
Likin’ this one. I have been holding back on posting some of these songs on their own as I wanted to put them into the Podcast. We start with a song from Quentin Tarantino’s Death Proof soundtrack, take in a tune from Flylo’s excellent Reset EP, a beautiful new José Gonzalez tune, Jeffrey Lewis covering Crass, a Thom Yorke remix, a song from yet another shelved Q-Tip album, Wicklow boys Hybrasil, a band with a stupid name and a Frenchman with an ear for soundtracks.
Aoife Mc, The Indie Hour presents as always.
Podcast #8 – October
- The Coasters – Down in Mexico [Death Proof soundtrack]
- Peanut Butter Wolf – Lightworking feat. Q-Tip & Talib Kweli [B Boy Zombie War]
- Flying Lotus – Tea Leaf Dancer [Reset EP]
- José Gonzalez – Down the Line [In Our Nature]
- Jeffrey Lewis – I ain’t thick, It’s just a trick [12 Crass Songs]
- Les Savy Fav – Pots & Pans [Let’s Stay Friends]
- Derrick Harriot – Let me down Easy [ Jonny Greenwood is the Controller ]
- Q-Tip – Johnny Died [Link to download Open (Shelved album)]
- Thom Yorke – The Eraser (XXXchange remix) [from Missing Toof]
- Hybrasil – San Fran [The Monkey Pole]
- Holy Fuck – Lovely Allen [LP]
- Sebastien Tellier – Sexual Sportswear [12" Single]