Slane Irish Whiskey is a trailblazing Irish Spirit that has music in its heritage. Like Nialler9, Slane Irish Whiskey is all about new adventures and making a bold choice. Next time you’re looking for a spirit that comes recommended from someone who knows their music, try Slane Irish Whiskey. Please enjoy Slane Irish Whiskey responsibly/visit drinkaware.ie.
© 2022 Slane Irish Whiskey
© 2022 Slane Irish Whiskey
I’ve had my say, now we’re kicking off your say in the first results of the readers’ poll with your top Irish EPs and new artists of 2011.Both those lists follow along with links and embeds to where you can hear why they got the votes they did.
New Artists of 2011 results
- Moths (photo by Joshua Gordon)
- Toby Kaar
- Little Green Cars
- We Are Losers
- We Cut Corners
- Hush War Cry
Irish EPs of 2011
Simon Bird – V
“…hangs in an ambient but grand noise space”
- Nouveaunoise – Sequence Consequence
” It reminds me of recent releases on Planet Mu with sounds more in thrall to the clubbier side of electronic music.”
- Ginnels – Mountbatten Class
A followup EP from Grand Pocket Orchestra’s Mark Chester to Ginnels self-titled debut album.
- SertOne – The View From Above
“Some fine, fine instrumental Dilla-tron beats…”
- The Depravations – Mosey EP
“While Ireland’s west coast doesn’t have the same sunny connotations as its American counterpart, Galway four-piece indie-folk band The Depravations redress the balance somewhat with their free download EP Mosey which relies on a gentle and precise folk sound and understated surf-rock Californian harmonies.”
- Alarmist– Alarmist“An instrumental band who rather than focus on ambience, slow-build and all those post-rock histrionics, instead are closer to the thrill of Battles or Tortoise (for reference) in their quest for fast-paced twisting and turning melody passages. The instruments pursue each other through a maze of notes.”
- Tenaka– EPhemeral“Production has moved into a more nuanced and universal direction.”
- Bouts – Bouts EP
The debut indie-rock EP from previous members of Lines Drawing Circles, Autumn Owls and Sunburnt Jets.
- T-Woc – Jetstar EP
“Known primarily to me as a producer of instrumental-dub, dubstep and a reggae fanatic, the Jetstar EP (his sixth Alphabet Set release) finds Mick Donohoe imbuing all those elements of his sound into a cohesive four-track selection with textures from his other interests – bumpin’ hip-hop instrumentals, head-nodding space melodies, big bass and coin-dropping game synths.”
- Delorentos – Little Sparks
A four-track EP which serves as a taster for the 2012 album of the same name. Comes with a band-curated magazine featuring interviews with the creative sparks of Ireland.