Monday January 6th
- Nothing of note.
Tuesday January 7th
Wednesday January 8th
- David Bowie Made Me Gay @ Bloody Mary’s (€6+)
Panel style discussion with Tonie Walsh and Darryl Bullock which measures the influence of the LGBTQ+ community on pop culture.
- I Heart Bowie @ Whelans (€20+)
Cover band performs the hits with the help of a few notable guests.
- Pavrati Records’ 20th Anniversary @ Voodoo Lounge (11pm, €20+)
Celebrating the psychedelic dance label.
Thursday January 9th
- Glasshouse: The Berlin Trilogy Reimagined @ The Sugar Club (€22+)
Irish contemporary classical ensemble take on three of Bowie’s most treasured works.
- The Man Who Sold The World @ The Big Romance
Vinyl playback of Bowie’s seminal 1970 LP.
- Trad Thursdays @ Lucky’s (Free)
- NICETRY: Aoife Wolf @ Whelan’s (€5+)
BIMM graduates play their first-ever headline show.
- My Story, My Song @ Lost Lane (Sold Out)
A gathering of Irish musicians get together for a night that melds music and positive mental health practices. As part of First Fortnight.
Friday January 10th
- Rebel Rebel @ The Academy (€29+)
One of the Bowie cover band’s held in the highest regard.
- The Bowie Ball @ Whelan’s (€11+)
Fancy dress ball for Bowie heads.
- Therapy Sessions: Ham Sandwich, Laurie Shaw, Tebi Rex, CMAT @ The Workmans Club (€10+)
Curated by Ham Sandwich, this First Fortnight event plays host to a range of emerging Irish talent.
- Donal Quinn @ Whelan’s (Free)
Irish folk artist. ‘Bubble’.
- David Keenan @ Tower Records (Pre-Book)
The Dundalk folk artist does a free instore album for those who’ve pre-bought his album.
- Chewing On Tinfoil @ Whelan’s (Sold Out)
Tallaght native punk rock four-piece. ‘Charlene’.
- Train Room @ The Grand Social (€11+)
- Bismuth, Body Void @ Bello Bar (€13+)
Sludge duo from Nottingham. ‘The Eternal Marshes’.
- Baliboc @ Izakaya (11pm, Free)
One of the CLub Comfort heads does a free solo show.
- Techo & Cans: Stranger, Shampain @ 39/40 (11pm, €5+)
Headed by techno DJ labelled as Rotterdam’s best-kept secret.
- Dense & Pika @ Wigwam (11pm, €5+)
Saturday January 11th
- Let All The Children Boogie @ The Church Cafe (12pm, Free)
A family-orientated event full of music and Bowie themed art.
- Holy Holy:: Tony Visconti & Woody Woodmansey @ Olympia Theatre (€45+)
Two of the original Spiders From Mars team up for a night of Bowie hits and rarities.
- Holy Mother @ Lost Lane (11pm, €10+)
The Mother DJs pay tribute to the thin white duke.
- Wage War @ Academy Green Room (€18+)
American metalcore. ‘Low’.
- Craig Cooney, Aaron J @ The Workmans Club (€10+)
An all Irish hip-hop line up.
- Soul Jam @ The Big Romance (Free)
All things funk, soul and disco.
- Amy Naessens @ Whelans (€8+)
Dublin-based singer-songwriter. ‘To Be The One You Choose’.
- RRIC present Protex w/ The Dubtones & Gavin & Thee Icons @The Underground
Get some punk inta ya.
- Good Block @ Lucky’s (Free)
Latin inspired dance music.
- Utopia Collective: CEM @ Wigwam (10pm, €8+)
Co founder of Berlin Techno outfit Herrensauna makes his Dublin debut.
- Insight: Phil Bass @ Tengu (10pm, €7+)
Dublin DJ & Perucssionist.
- Nialler9 @ Hang Dai (10pm, Free)
Niall heads down to Dublin’s very best Chinese spot for an all-vinyl set.
- Sam Paganini @ District 8 (10pm, €16+)
‘At Sonus Festival’
Sunday January 12th
- Vinyl & Wine: Blackstar @ Lost Lane (€12+)
Listening party for Bowie’s final studio album.
- Between The Eyes Of Bowie: Sarah-Rena Hine @ The 5 Lamps Brewery (Free)
Conversations on Bowie through a life long friend of his.
- First Fortnight: Co-Motion @ The Botanic Gardens (2pm, Free)
Interactive and family-friendly music and multimedia installation in the Botanic Gardens.
- ReDiviᗡɘЯ @ The Workmans Club (€10+)
Irish experimental jazz.