Highlights: Young Wonder, The Magician @ Mother, SOAK, White Hills/Twin Kranes, Mosca, Biggles Flys Again, Benoit & Sergio.
Ticket freebies this week:
Two pair of passes to Young Wonder in The Workman’s (Friday) & The Mighty Stef in Whelan’s (also Friday) . Full details of each show and how to enter below.
- How to enter – Email [email protected] with the gig above in the Subject line you’re entering for along with your full name and phone number in the body before 5pm the day before the gig to enter.
If you’re looking for tickets to sold out gigs try #ticketfairy on Twitter.
Tuesday April 2nd
- SOAK @ The Little Big Museum (Sold out)
[Folk] The 16 year-old rising Derry singer plays in an unusual venue. Photo by Alex Sapienza for State’s Faces of 2013.
Wednesday April 3rd
- Nova Collective Launch Gig @ Project Arts Centre
[Jazz] An hour of Latin Jazz-inspired-band music featuring Aaron Heffernan. ‘Tuile’
- Bruce Willis: Monto @ Lost Society (€8)
[Electronic] Three room party featuring the Waterford producer and rooms of Trap and Hip-Hop.
- SOAK @ The Little Big Museum (Sold out)
[Folk] The 16 year-old rising Derry singer plays in an unusual venue.
- Kaleidoscope @ Odessa Club (€12)
[Classical/neo-classical] Claire Duff (baroque violin), a modern take on the Gregorian chant Veni Creator Spiritus composed by Sir Peter Maxwell Davies for flute and bass clarinet.
- Movements: Compuphonic @ The Button Factory (€6/8, 11pm )
[House] Maxime Firket releases on the Berlin Get Physical label. ‘Sunset’ feat. Marques Oliver.
Thursday April 4th
- Hudson Taylor @ Whelan’s (Sold out)
[Folk pop] The two former Dublin buskers now signed to a UK major exceed capacity.
- New Natives: Hawklion, Gangs, Princess @ The Grand Social (Free)
[Indie/Rock] 3 new guitar bands for free. Hawklion, Princess & Gangs.
- Tropicana @ Lost Society (€6/€4, 11pm)
[Club] Launch of new collab between Bedlam and Home. Playing Disco/House.
- Abstract: Danny Daze @ The Pygmalion (€10, 10.30pm)
[Dance] Hot Creations House/Italo Disco leaning DJ. Sounds like this.
- Bastille @ The Academy (Sold out)
[Indie-pop] Radio-friendly UK band.
- Sounds Like Art @ The Joinery (Sold out)
[Talk/performance] A performance / conversation with Ed Devane / Francis Halsall / Anthony Kelly and David Stalling.
- Junior Spesh @ Twisted Pepper (€7)
[Dance] Residents night with James Kirwan, Shortie, Bentley Rhythms and Archie Heaslip.
- Autumn Owls @ Whelan’s Upstairs (€10, midnight)
[Indie-rock] Free if you get in before 10:30pm.
Friday April 5th
- The Animators EP launch @ All City (6pm, BYOB, Free)
[Rap] Launch of the Sketch EP in the record shop. ‘One Night Only’
- Skyward Rifles, Superblondes and The Dead Beat @ Arthurs, Thomas Street (€3)
[Rock] 3 new rock bands band together.
- The Mighty Stef @ Whelan’s (€10, WIN TICKETS)
[Rock’n’roll] Plus Wounds and Sisters supporting.
- Mossy Nolan, Nightjars, Amoon @The Joinery (€8, BYOB)
[Modern trad/folk] Mossy Nolan and cohort Colm McGowan is great live.
- U:mack presents: White Hill, Twinkranes, Altered Hours @ The Grand Social (€16)
[Rock] Of the psychedelic fuzzy space-rock variety.
- Young Wonder, Daithi, Elaine Mai @ The Workman’s Club (€13, WIN TICKETS)
[Electronic] From supporting Alt-J to releasing their new EP Show Your Teeth, 2013 is looking good for the Cork duo.
- Fission Fridays @ Sweeneys (Free)
[Indie/Rock/Funk] 8 live bands in one go.
- Strike The Air: Wormsongs: Henry Vega, Anat Spiegel @ The Back Loft (€10-€15)
[Experimental] A/V show for those who are predisposed to the kind of music featured in Wire magazine.
- No Static: Handsome Paddy, Simon Cullen (Lasertom, Ships), Carden Kent @ The Sugar Club (Free, 11pm)
[Club] Hip-Hop, House & Disco.
- Trinity Ball @ Trinity (Sold out)
Ellie Goulding, Tiga, Charli XCX, AlunaGeorge and lots more.
- MUD: Mosca, Frankie Grimes, Shortie @ Twisted Pepper (€10, 11pm)
- [Electronic] Night Slugs producer. ‘What You Came For’ feat. Katy B.
Saturday April 6th
- Nightmaker Studios Open Day @ 537 North Circular Road (1pm-5pm)
[Studios] Check out the music technology training centre who are officially an Ableton centre and a Native Instruments ambassador.
- Cian Nugent & The Cosmos @ Whelan’s (€8)
[Rock] This is Cian’s psychedelic band over his solo stuff Night serves as a launch for his new Matador Records released single ‘Hire Purchase’. Support from The Family Elan & Cryboys.
- Gretta Gunn @ Whelan’s Upstairs (€8/€5 in advance)
[Electronic] Electropop with support from Swords. ‘Bop’.
- Hot Colossus, Radio Friendlies, Blazin’ 38s @ Fibber’s (€TBC)
[Hard Rock] This, Gaz Le Rock and this.
- The Revellions, September Girls, The Vincents, Evil Sons, Faux Kings @ Sweeney’s (€5)
[Rock] Garage and rock’n’roll.
- Irish Refugee Council Benefit @ The Village (€8)
[Eclectic live] White Collar Boy, St. John The Gambler, The Eskies, The Boneyard Junkies and more.
- Biggles Flys Again, Hello Moon, Crayonsmith @ Smock Alley (€7)
[Classic band pop] Launch of Remember Saturday album. Listen here.
- Mother: The Magician @ Copper Alley (Cheaplist €12, 11pm)
[Club] Former Aeroplane DJ now winging it on his own in fine style.
- Feel Label Music Night: John Daly, February + Mars @ Twisted Pepper (€12, 10.30pm)
[Dance] Plus Indica and Pogo DJs.
- Hidden Agenda: Benoit & Sergio @ The Button Factory (€10-€15 ,€12 cheaplist, 11-m)
[Dance] House and Techno Washington DJs/producers plus White Collar Boy.
Sunday April 7th
- 12 Sundays @ The Bernard Shaw (Free)
[DJs] Laid-back late weekend vibes.
- Ellie Goulding @ Olympia Theatre (Sold out)
[Pop] Charli XCX supports.
- The Anna Thompsons, Michael Knight, and Skelocrats @ Anseo (€7)
[Indie] Two Berlin-based bands and one Dublin lo-fi one.
Monday April 8th
- The Vaccines @ Olympia Theatre (€23-€25)
[Rock] Indie rock radio staple.