Email to be in the draw for free entry:
- Saturday: Slum Village, Dah Jevu and Souletiquette @ The Sugar Club (€15/€20, WIN TICKETS)
- Sunday: The Prettiots @ Whelan’s Upstairs (€13)
How to enter free entry comps – Email [email protected] with the gig above in the Subject line you’re entering for along with your full name and phone number (for late contact) in the body of the message. Full info on each show below. Draw closes at 6pm the day before the gig or Friday 1pm latest for weekend gigs.
Tuesday February 16
- Ruby Sessions: The Shoos, The Black Feathers, Arborist, Moonlookson @ Doyle’s (€6, 9pm)
[Acoustic showcase] Read my interview with Conor Ruby Sessions.
Wednesday February 17
- Ozric Tentacles @ Hangar (€18)
[Alt/Rock] “ambient and ethereal landscapes with freeform dub trips, incredible rave grooves, and psychedelic progressive rock. “
- Julia Holter @ Button Factory (Sold out)
[Alternative] Have You In My Wilderness
- Warsaw Radio @ Whelan’s (€10)
[Rock/pop] Limerick (via Brighton) folky rock/pop act
Thursday February 18
- Good Name Presents: Shrug Life (Popical Island) & Walpurgis Family @ The Bernard Shaw (Free)
[New Irish] Weekly live music. Popical Island flavour this week.
- Carron, Niamh Regan @ Abner Brown’s Barber Shop
[New Irish music] Part of the Women in Music series.
- Shuggie Otis @ The Sugar Club (€27.50)
[Soul] R&B guitar legend
- The Garage Gigs @ The Grand Social (€9)
[Showcase] Niamh Crowther / The Klares / Sun.Set.Ships. / The New Wave
- Midnight Hour with Eoin Dolan, Tomorrows, Sheepy, Villy Raze @ Whelan’s (Midnight, guestlist)
[Live] Four emerging Irish bands.
Friday February 19
- Generator Live: Daithí, Katie Laffan, Cut Once, Beach@ The Generator (Sign up for tickets)
[Emerging] A night of new Irish music for free.
- Lethal Dialect @ Whelan’s (€15)
[Rap] Dublin rap of the best kind.
- Stomptown Brass EP Launch, TooFools @ The Sugar Club
[Brass] Listen to the recently-premiered debut single,
- Jack O’Rourke, Marlene Enright @ Whelan’s Upstairs (€12)
[New Irish] Cork singer-songwriter
- Badger Hill, We Were Giants @ Bello Bar (€5)
[Indie/rock] Hotline Bling cover.
- Room 19 @ Jigsaw (€10, BYOB)
[Dance] Mark Gill, Long Island Sound, Fio Fa
- Daft as Punk @ The Grand Social (€10)
[Dance] Cover band.
- Blonde @ District 8 (€20, 11pm)
[Dance] UK pop house Duo – All Cried Out.
- Krystal Klear & DJ Deece All Night Long @ Opium Rooms (€12, 11pm)
[Dance] B2B bizness.
- Paradox presents Pleasurekraft @ Button Factory (€18, 9pm)
[House] 3+ Hour set
- Sim Simma Especial Brasileiro @ Wigwam (€5-€8, 11pm)
[Latin] w/ Mike Black, Ovo & Shabba Frank
- Techno & Cans presents: DAX J @ Hangar (€13, 11pm)
[Techno] Techno and cans with DeFekt and more.
Saturday February 20
- Thirty Four Saturdays: Anderson @ Thirty Four (Free, 2pm)
[Live] a series of Saturday afternoon gigs in the new Café space.
- RBMA Talk: Trevor Jackson @ Chocolate Factory (List, 2pm)
[Talk] a free info session and lecture with Output impressario, London legend and Playgroup leader Trevor Jackson
- Slum Village, Dah Jevu and Souletiquette @ The Sugar Club (€15/€20, WIN TICKETS)
[Rap] J Dilla-associated group. Raise It Up.
- Cloud Castle Lake, Bantum, Slow Moving Clouds @ The Co-Op, D8 (€15, BYOB, 9pm)
[Homebeat/Ensemble] w live visuals from LeTissier.
- Loud Motive @ Bello Bar (€5)
[Hip-Hop] Live buzz. Muhammed Ali.
- Artists Without Borders: Gavin Glass, Mongoose, Fiach, Theo Dorgan & more @ Unitarian Church (€14)
[Fundraiser] in aid of the humanitarian crisis in Calais & Dunkirk refugee camps.
- VerseChorusVerse and David Lyttle @ The Workman’s Club Vintage Room (€8)
[Jazz] Singer/songwriter & Jazz pairing.
- The Altered Hours @ The Workman’s Club (€12)
[Alt-rock]Shoegaze and Indie. Recent album of the week in IT column.
- Alright The Captain, Steve Strong, A Werewolf, Punch Face Champions@ Sin É (Free, 9pm)
[Rock] New Irish music.
- An evening with William McCarthy of Augustines @ The Grand Social (€16)
[Rock] Journals, maps, stories and songs:
- Telephones @ Tengu (€5, 10pm)
[Club] First monthly party from the Telephones crew.
- Motel Present WCB Social @ Wigwam (11pm, €10/€8)
[DJs] White Collar Boy & Shane Linehan
- Damien Lazarus @ Button Factory (€15, 11pm)
[Dance] Boiler Room.
- A.Skillz @ Opium Rooms (€15, 11pm)
[Dance] Deck-focused funk, soul and hip-hop with D’n’B, dub-step and breaks,
- Jackmaster / Fatima Yamaha @ District 8 (€18, 11pm)
[Dance] FY’s recent album Imaginary Lines is super.
Sunday February 21
- FiFi Rong @ The Sugar Club (€10/€12)
[Chinese New Year Festival] Trip-hop style from Beijing-born producer based in London.
- The Prettiots @ Whelan’s Upstairs (€13, WIN TICKETS)
[Alternative] Poppy cheeky US indie – Boys I Dated In High School.
Monday February 22
- Baio @ The Workman’s Club (€16)
[Dance] Vampire weekend bassist on a solo dance tip
- City & Colour , Lucy Rose @ The Helix (€30)