Highlights: Ryan Hemsworth, Conor Oberst, Dan Deacon, Cooly G, Lil Silva, Local Natives, Sencity, John C. Reilly, Wave Forza…
The Nialler9 Gig Guide is a weekly list of personally recommended Dublin gigs published every Tuesday taking place over the next seven days. It’s not intended to list all gigs taking place in Dublin, but serves as a guide for the ones deemed the most interesting and unmissable. All times are 7:30pm/8:00pm unless stated. If you’re looking for tickets to sold out gigs try #ticketfairy on Twitter.
Ticket freebies this week:
Tickets to giveaway to Ryan Hemsworth (Wednesday night) and Sencity – a multi sensory music event (Saturday night). Full details below.
- How to enter – Email [email protected] with your full name, the gig in the Subject line you’re entering for and phone number before 5pm the day before the gig to enter.
Tuesday February 5th
- The Ruby Sessions @ Doyle’s (€5, 9pm)
Long running live acoustic music night with special guests.
- Conor Oberst @ The National Concert Hall (Sold out)
Bright Eyes fills the hall.
Wednesday February 6th
- Bears Den @ Whelan’s Upstairs (€8)
Mumford supporters and Communion Music English folksters.
- First Second Label showcase: Ickis Mirolo @ The Lost Society (€8)
Live techno plus Bobofunk b2b Cameron Duffy, Colm Brophy, Daire Carolan.
- Kaleidoscope @ The Odessa Club (€8)
Young Irish composers, violin sonatas and traditional recitals.
- Movements presents: Ryan Hemsworth @ Button Factory (€8/€6,11pm)
Canadian producer of rap-tinged electronica reminscent of Daedelus makes his Irish debut.
Thursday February 7th
- Desaparecidos @ Button Factory (€20)
Conor Oberst sticks around to play with his old punk band.
- The Gandhis @ Whelan’s Upstairs (Free in before 10.30pm, 11.30pm start)
Lush Fleet Foxes-esque folk.
- Juice presents Lil Silva @ Twisted Pepper (€8/6, 11pm)
Young UK Funky-leaning dance producer with releases on Night Slugs.
Friday February 8th
- Gavin James @ Whelan’s (Sold out)
Newly popular Irish singer/songwriter who drifts towards the melodic MOR side of things.
- Bedlam: Ben Pearce, Huxley @ The Grand Social ( €14,€16 /11pm)
UK House music producers.
- Mud Presents Cooly G @ Twisted Pepper (€12, 11pm)
Live set from Hyperdub’s Merrisa Campbell. More UK Funky.
Saturday February 9th
- Dan Deacon, Soil Creep @ Whelan’s (€18.50)
Baltimore’s madcap composer brings his all-inclusive app-assisted live show.
- Sencity: Kormac’s Big Band, Signmark (deaf Finnish), The Wonder Villains & more @ RDS (WIN TICKETS, €17.50/€24)
A multi sensory music event Inspired by deaf culture & the idea of translating the music into the five senses.
- John C. Reilly & friends @ Unitarian Church (€20)
Mr Dewey Cox plays live roots and folk with his ban. Guests include Fionn Regan.
- Rest, Wizards Of Firetop Mountain, Guilty Optics @ Whelan’s Upstairs (€8)
Launch of Cork band Rest’s heavy instrumental rock on Out On A Limb Records.
- Shave or Dye: The Hot Sprockets and Stephen Young & The Union @ The Workman’s (€10)
Launch night for Today FM charity yokey.
- Rick Wilhite & more @ Twisted Pepper (€10/€12, 11pm)
Detroit house and techno DJ – Boiler Room mix.
- Laurent Garnier 4 hour set @ Button Factory (€20, 11pm)
Relive that euphoric moment again (and again)? Over 30s only…
Sunday February 10th
- 12 Sundays: Anthony Naples @ The Bernard Shaw (Free, 6pm)
Brooklyn deep house producer.
- Alixander III (Azari & III DJ set) @ Wilde (€12)
Support from Dave De Valera, Cici Kavanagh. RANDOM?
- Wave Forza @ The Odessa Club (€5, 7pm)
Eschewing Italo this month is favour of some German synth, cold and minimal wave.