- The Volume Control collective are hosting an all-ages gig in Belfast’s Oh Yeah Arts centre. Performing on the day will be Gemma Bradley, Sister Ghost and Girls Rock School NI graduates. The gig is suitable for ages 13 and over. Tickets, at £5, are on sale here.
- The Songsmiths Unplugged collective will be hosting an IWD special performance in Cork city library. The lineup features Christine B Phelan, Mellany Meagher Morales, Gill Twitch & Sarah McCreedy. Event details are available here.
- Photographer Zoe Holman will be showing an exhibition featuring portraits of women involved in the Irish music industry in Lucky’s. The event is free to attend but donations are encouraged in aid of the Dublin Rape Crisis Centre. Event details here.
- The Bernard Shaw is hosting a weekend celebration in honour of IWD. DJs Justyna Koss, Jill Staxx and Helen O’Dea will be spinning tunes on the night. Check out the plans for the whole weekend here.
- Some of Ireland’s ‘top female vocalists’ will be performing the material of icon Aretha Franklin in The Sugar Club. The singers will be accompanied by The Prestigious Firm Big Band. Tickets are on sale here.
- Aoife Nic Canna will be spinning tunes all night in Opium. The first 50 female entrants will receive a free drink. Event details are available here.
- The Circle Sessions, spoken work and singer-songwriter night, are hosting an IWD special event in Chaplin’s Bar, Hawkins Street. Register for tickets here.
- The Dundalk IT’s department of creative arts is hosting an installation of experimental music and art. Performed by female artists, the event is called ‘MIXTAPE IWD’. Details here.
- There will be an open mic event in The Kitchen Café hosted by Domestic Violence Response. Entry is €10 and will include refreshments. All proceeds go toward raising funds toward the cause. Details here.
- Newcastle West library will host performances by violinist Anne Phelan as well as the Desmond school of adult music choir. There will also be spoken word poetry on the night. The event is free for all to attend.
- Sing Along Social are doing an IWD special in The Sky & The Ground on Wexford’s main street. The event is in aid of Wexford’s Women’s Refuge and all ticket sales go toward the cause. Tickets here.