Regular club nights and venue information. | Subscribe to the weekly newsletter.
Highlights: Paddy’s Day with Le Galaxie, Erol Alkan, The Hot 8 Brass Band, Forza Irlanda and more, Jacques Greene, The Avett Brothers, Mano Le Tough…
Ticket freebies this week:
Tickets to giveaway to Jameson’s St. Patrick’s Live party with Bombay Bicycle Club, Jape and The Cast of Cheers @ The Academy. Full details of each show and how to enter below.
- How to enter - Email email@example.com with the gig above in the Subject line you’re entering for along with your full name and phone number in the body before 5pm the day before the gig to enter. You can enter into as many as you like but only one entry/email per gig.
If you’re looking for tickets to sold out gigs try #ticketfairy on Twitter.
Tuesday March 12th
- Ruby Sessions @ Doyle’s (€6, 9pm)
[Folk/acoustic] Long running acoustic night.
Wednesday March 13th
- Little Bear, Moscow Metro @ Whelan’s Upstairs (€6)
[Folk/Rock] Fresh from Other Voices, Derry’s Little Bear – ‘Night Dries Like Ink’ .
- Bruce Willis: White Collar Boy @ Lost Society (€8/€5, 10.30pm)
[Dance] A DJ set from Dublin electronic duo.
- Marc Ribot @ The Sugar Club (€12/€15)
[Guitar] No.2 in IMC’s Progressions: Contemporary Masters of Solo Guitar series.
Thursday March 14th
- Willy Mason @ Whelan’s (€13)
[Folk/rock] Baritoned-voiced American singer-songwriter.
- Jay Reatard: Better Than Something @ The Joinery (€5, 8pm)
[Film] Debut screening of the documentary about the recently deceased American garage/punk musician.
- The Walls @ The Odessa Club (€10)
[Rock/pop] Long standing Dublin band play a rare set. Listen to their recent album Stop The Lights.
- Abstract: Francesca Lombardo @ The Pygmalion (€10, 10.30pm)
[Dance] Crosstown Rebels house producer & DJ.Support Ciara Gynn. ‘Sofiel’
- Junior Spesh: Jacques Greene, Clu, Terriers @ Twisted Pepper (€12, 10.30pm)
[Dance/electronic] DJ set from the excellent Canadian producer and two great local electronic supports.
Friday March 15th
- DJ Izem @ The Bernard Shaw (Free)
[Tropical electronica] Beats, funk, latin and hip-hop from a former Dublin resident.
- Rufus Coates & The Blackened Trees @ Smock Alley (€10)
[Blues/rock] Gruff and sweet vocals lead the ragged way. Promising.
- Rock Against Racism @ Sweeneys (€5)
[Eclectic] 11 bands, 2 stages including Raffiki, We Arrive Alive, Punch Face Champions and more.
- Bitter Rocc, Jambo @ The Joinery (€6)
[Rap] Dublin rapper releases his MXIII EP.
- Eels @ Olympia Theatre (€35)
[Indie/rock] Mark Everett returns in a chirpier mood.
- MUD & Rinse FM Present Ben UFO and Scratcha DVA @ Twisted Pepper (€12, 11pm)
[Dance / UK Funky / Grime] Ben UFO’s Boiler Room / DVA’s Just Jam set.
Saturday March 16th
- Hello Moon, Ickis Mirolo, French Bird @ The Getting Place (BYOB, €6, 11pm)
[Indie/dance] I Heart the Monster Hero presents a warehouse gig. Contact for directions.
- The Power of Dreams, Sack @ The Grand Social (€15)
[indie/rock] Two ’90s bands get back together one last time.
- Ceili House @ National Concert Hall (€18-€35)
[Trad] Martin Hayes/ Denis Cahill feature at this RTE Radio one event.
- Mano Le Tough, The Drifter, Lil Dave @ Button Factory (€12/€10, 9pm)
[Dance /house] Launch of Changing Days, the excellent debut and recent Nialler9 album of the week from the Berlin-based Dubliner.
Paddy’s Day – Sunday March 17th
- 12 Sundays Paddy’s Day: Mother DJs, Paudi Ahern, Bang The Box and more @ The Bernard Shaw (Free)
[DJs] A good bet for the day that’s in it.
- Paddy’s Day @ The Workman’s /Garage Bar (Free, 3pm)
[Rock/indie] Live sets from The Urges, September Girls, Tandem Felix, Gangs and more.
- Erol Alkan, Surgeon, DJ EZ, Daniel Wang, Toby Kaar @ Twisted Pepper (All dayer, €22)
[Dance/DJs] Starting early and going late with more from Loudmouth, TR One, Fran Harnett, Colz and more.
- Forza Irlanda: Electrick Dragon, Slowburn, Andy Doyle, Il Forza Allstars @ The Odessa Club (€10, 6pm)
[Italo disco] Disco party non-stop.
- Jameson St. Patrick’s Live party: Bombay Bicycle Club, Jape and The Cast of Cheers @ The Academy (WIN TICKETS)
[Indie/rock] Sold out gig but win tickets right here. Stream Bombay Bicycle’s set at youtube.com/jamesonwhiskey.
- Frontier Ruckus, Lisa O’Neill @ Whelan’s (€15)
[Rock/indie] Michigan rock band.
- The Hot 8 Brass Band @ The Sugar Club (€20.90, 7pm)
[Funk] The New Orleans brass band in effect. ‘Sexual Healing’
- Project 002 @ Warehouse space (€20, 7pm)
[Eclectic/dance] 30 acts in 3 rooms including Clu, Frank B, Two Charming Men, in an undisclosed location. Last year.
- Party In The Pub @ Sin É (Free, 9pm)
[DJs] Arveene, Johnny Moy, This Greedy Pig in two rooms.
- John Morales @ The Sugar Club (€10, 11pm)
[Disco/club] One of the original club DJs/remixers returns to Dublin.
- Le Galaxie, Ships, Sleep Thieves, White Collar Boy, Acid Future @ Button Factory (€15, 9pm)
[Dance/electronic] Sets from some of the best Irish electronic live acts at the moment.
Monday March 18th
- The Avett Brothers @ Button Factory (SOLD OUT)
[American folk] Country leaning North Carolina brothers touring their Rick Rubin produced album.
Regular club nights and venue info. | Subscribe to the weekly newsletter.