FRIDAY DECEMBER 14TH
- The Blizzards @ Cyprus Avenue (7.30pm, €20)
Pop-rockers and recent Tebi Rex collaborators head to the newly-refurbished venue on Caroline Street.
- Rato Raro @ Fred Zeppelin’s (9pm, €7)
A triple-bill of grindcore and death metal upstairs in Cork’s rock institution is headlined by Spanish genre veterans Rato Raro, with Corkonians Bisect and Dublin’s Abaddon Incarnate in support.
- Quarter Launch Party @ PLUGD/The Roundy (9pm, €10)
The countdown to the city’s springtime public arts pillar is on, with a special launch gig for the festival programme. Music City and Laura Duff play live, and it’s Cathal & Elaine from the Altered Hours on the decks ’til late.
- John Hennessy & R.Kitt @ Dali (10pm, €10)
Sunday Times man John Hennessy returns to Dali after a marathon set earlier this year, and this time he’s brought Dip man R.Kitt with him to help dispense tunes.
- Sam Divine @ Cyprus Avenue (11pm, €20)
Ibiza veteran and former Chemical Records honcho brings a selection of house and techno upstairs at Cyprus Avenue for Residence.
SATURDAY DECEMBER 15TH
- Hermitage Green @ Live at St. Luke’s (3.30pm, €12/20)
The last of four (!) dates left on sale for Limerick folk five-piece at Live at St. Luke’s, a special all-ages matinee.
- A Cow in the Water @ Crane Lane Theatre (9pm, €10)
The annual reunion of Blarney ‘mank-rock’ outfit A Cow in the Water, in memory of frontman Aidan O’Connell and in aid of local suicide charities. Supporting: Tony O’Diamond and Top Group Fantastic.
- One Horse Pony @ Coughlan’s (10pm, free)
Cork blues/roots outfit return to the home of the genre in the city for a holiday gig after a busy year of single and EP releases.
- Greg Crowley & Jon Barry @ Dali (10pm, €tbc)
Longtime friends and collaborators bring house and techno to the Carey’s Lane venue for a four-hour set.
- Jam! @ Cyprus Avenue (11pm, €8)
Stevie G revives his popular hip-hop night for the new Cyprus Avenue venue, slinging cuts from across the last three decades and keeping things going for the Hot Sauce Dance Crew.
SUNDAY DECEMBER 16TH
- God Alone @ The Kino (6pm, €5)
Northside metal wunderkinder launch their debut full-length at the Kino after a massive 2018, with support from Horse and Flatliner.
- Trick Mist @ PLUGD/The Roundy (8pm, €8)
Multi-instrumentalist Trick Mist launches debut album ‘Both Ends’ at the Roundy, with support from labelmate Elephant and Ghostking is Dead.