FRIDAY FEBRUARY 22ND
- Quangodelic @ The Kino (8pm, free)
Funk fifteen(ish)-piece takes to the stage to finally launch their self-titled debut album.
- Blue Whale & The Great Balloon Race @ PLUGD/The Roundy (8.30pm, €8)
Belfast jazz-punks play PLUGD Records alongside Cork psychers The Great Balloon Race, in the first of a new Teletext Records night at the venue.
- The Shaker Hymn @ Levis’ of Ballydehob (9pm, donations)
Caoilian Sherlock and Robbie Barron play new Shaker Hymn songs in a stripped-down show at Ballydehob’s village pub.
- Hazey Haze, Manky & Clerk 5 @ The Brú (9pm, free)
Limerick rapper headlines Spekulativ Fiktion’s new regular hip-hop night at the Brú.
- Evolution @ An Spailpín Fánach (9pm, €tbc)
Cork’s drum-and-bass crew have a residents’ night upstairs on South Main Street.
- Taboo @ Dali (9pm, tbc)
Stevie G., Grillz and Chedder report in for their regular Afrocentric residency upstairs on Carey’s Lane.
- Jack O’Rourke @ DeBarra’s of Clonakilty (9.30, €15)
Cork singer-songwriter heads to Clonakilty to play the town’s famous folk outpost.
- Annie Bloch @ The Corner House (10pm, free)
Cork-based singer-songwriter performs folk in her German-Irish accent for the Corner House’s Last Fridays residency.
- Techworks Launch Party @ Cyprus Avenue (11pm, €10)
XCIV, Wired Deep and more help launch this year’s instalment of the tech-house festival.
SATURDAY FEBRUARY 23RD
- UrbanAssault @ An Spailpín Fánach (1pm, €15)
An all-day marathon of Irish metal on South Main St., headlined by Bailer, Shardborne, Waylander, Ten Ton Slug and more.
- Mindriot @ Crane Lane Theatre (9pm, free)
Grunge-revivalist three-piece return to the Crane Lane for an early gig.
- Vinyl Below @ Dali (9.30pm, €tbc)
Dali’s dancing-music residents open the doors early after a well-received January engagement.
- Footprint @ The Poor Relation (9.30pm, free)
Cóbh experimental rock lads hit the Parnell Place venue for shenanigans.
- One Horse Pony @ Coughlan’s (10pm, free)
Folk/Americana outfit follow up last year’s ‘Hot One’ E.P. with a gig in the backroom on Douglas Street.
SUNDAY FEBRUARY 24TH
- MAGDALENA @ PLUGD/The Roundy (8pm, €5)
West Cork feminist performance trio bring together music and spoken-word in their retelling of Irish myths. Support from a solo set from member Muireann Levis.
- Míde Houlihan @ DeBarra’s of Clonakilty (8pm, €5)
It’s a homecoming gig for the singer-songwriter, finishing a run of dates in support of new E.P. ‘Shifting Gears’.
- Crow Black Chicken @ Crane Lane Theatre (midnight, free)
World-travelled blues power trio play their semi-regular Cork gig at the Crane.