FRIDAY APRIL 26TH
- Craic Boi Mental + Whip Grl @ Dali (8pm, €10)
A homecoming gig for the Cork City Legends, with quite the coup for Irish hip-hop on the billing: guest appearances from Oscar Benso *and* Yung Gowl.
- Declan O’Rourke @ The White Horse, Ballincollig (8.30pm, €28)
Singer-songwriter continues his run of gigs around the country with a visit to the Ballincollig folk outpost.
- Tír na nÓg @ Coughlan’s (9pm, €16)
Psych-folk trailblazers continue their return with an intimate show in the back of the Douglas Street venue.
- Pale Rivers + Any Joy @ The Corner House (10pm, free)
A double bill of Cork indie, with Pale Rivers emerging from hiatus and psych-rockers Any Joy also delivering.
- TABOO @ Dali (11pm, €12)
Stevie G, Chedder, Grillz and Gwada Mike oversee the Afrocentric residency at the Carey’s Lane venue.
SATURDAY APRIL 27TH
- BLOOMERS Issue #3 Launch @ The Roundy/PLUGD (12pm, free)
The release party for issue three of a zine focusing on emerging female artists in Ireland. Zine stall onsite with 100+ issues from around the world.
- The Blindboy Podcast @ Cork Opera House (7pm, €27)
Oh, hello. You gentle readers.
- True Tides @ Cyprus Avenue (7.30pm, €12.50)
Cork-originating power-pop trio takes on a headlining gig on Caroline Street.
- Penelope Trappes + Roslyn Steer @ The Roundy/PLUGD (8.30pm, €10)
Antipodean singer-songwriter swings by PLUGD on Irish tour, presented by Fractured Air. KantCope co-found/Crevice member Roslyn Steer in support.
- Henge @ Crane Lane Theatre (9pm, free)
Intergalactic ravers bring their ‘Cosmic Dross’ (their term) to the ballroom on Phoenix Street. Support from multi-instrumentalist Shunya.
- The Magnapinna and more @ Fred Zeppelin’s (9pm, €7)
Alt-metal cephalopods throw down in a Paranoid Pit gig, recorded for YouTube and the like. Support from Damagegrows and Red Sun Alert.
- The Service @ Coughlan’s (10pm, free)
Erstwhile ska outfit bring the genre classics to Douglas Street.
- Jamie Behan @ Dali (10pm, €8)
Cork techno legend brings new finds home from a Berlin excursion. Darren Li and David Ferrer in support.
SUNDAY APRIL 28TH
- Dr. John Cooper Clarke @ Live at St. Luke’s (7.30pm, €30)
The Bard of Salford blesses the stage at St. Luke’s with his legendary wit and warmth. Mike Garry and Stephen James Smith also on the billing.
- Fixity @ The Roundy/PLUGD (8pm, €10)
Another chance to see Dan Walsh and crew tear through new album ‘No Man Can Tell’, after a super-no-vacancy launch gig two weeks ago.
- Ruthanne @ Cyprus Avenue (8pm, €10)
London-based Irish singer headlines on Caroline Street after a run of solo singles last year.
- Fintan McKahey @ The Kino (9pm, €10 incl. CD)
With the heft of local music royalty behind him, singer/composer McKahey launches new E.P. ‘God Games’ with a full band, and Eve Clague on support.