Further to last week’s podcast chat with myself and Andrea where we picked five albums we loved from 2021 so far each, here is a list compiled today of 20 records from this year that have resonated with me.
It’s by no way definitive and is really just a marker of the year to date, so I’m not doing a larger halfway feature on it at this point, like the 15 under-rated Irish albums of 2021 piece.
I have a massive playlist of albums from this year to listen to, such is the volume of stuff that is out every week, but maybe even through this simple list form, you may discover something new to you, which is entirely the MO of Nialler9.
So forgive the brevity this once, here’s the list.
20 of Nialler9’s favourite albums from 2021 so far
- Floating Points & Pharaoh Sanders – Promises
- Dry Cleaning – New Long Leg
- For Those I Love – For Those I Love
- black midi – Cavalcade
- Bicep – Isles
- Madlib – Sound Ancestors
- Emma Houton – The Bath
- Kojaque – Town’s Dead
- Saint Sister – Where I Should End
- Arooj Aftab – Vulture Prince
- Dave – We’re All Alone in This Together
- Błoto – Kwasy i zasady
- Vince Staples – Vince Staples
- Ghetts – Conflict Of Interest
- Moiré – Good Times
- El Michels Affair – Yeti Season
- Tyler, The Creator – Call Me if You Get Lost
- Para One – SPECTRE: Machines of Loving Grace
- SAULT – Nine
- Serpentwithfeet – Deacon