Just for a bit of fun, here’s what I predict will make the nominations for the Choice Prize this year. Of course, it all depends on who the judges are in the end. The list is ordered from my most likely albums to be nominated with a couple of wildcards towards the end. Like Shane, there are about 10 other albums which could be in the running. If you feel like an educated guess, leave your predictions in the comments.
- Cathy Davey – Tales of Silversleeve
- Adrian Crowley – Long Distance Swimmer
- Roísín Murphy – Overpowered
- Delorentos – In Love with Detail
- The Flaws – Achieving Vagueness
- Super Extra Bonus Party – Super Extra Bonus Party LP
- Dry County – Unexpected Falls
- Hybrasil – The Monkey Pole
- Mumblin’ Deaf Ro – The Herring and the Brine
- Somadrone – Of Pattern and Purpose
The shortlist is announced tomorrow.