If you’re looking for tickets to sold out gigs try #ticketfairy on Twitter.
Ticket freebies this week:
How to enter – Email [email protected] with the gig above in the Subject line you’re entering for along with your full name and phone number in the body of the message. Full info on each show below. Draw closes at 6pm the day before the gig.
Tuesday January 14th
- New music night: Keith Grace, Segrasso and more @ Whelan’s (€5)
[Eclectic] Night of new music.
Wednesday January 15th
- Vibe For The Philippines: Owensie, Floor Staff, Ain’t Saint John, My Pilot @ The Grand Social (€10)
[Indie/folk] Mix of new and more established artists for Typhoon fundraiser.
Thursday January 16th
- Deer Tick @ Whelan’s (€17.50)
[Rock] Rhode Island alt-country band.
- Dublin Tropical – “What is Cumbia?” special @ The Grand Social (€5, 9pm)
[DJs] From Afro-Colombian roots to digital mash-up culture we’ll take a trip through cumbia, the musical backbone of Latin America. Dj iZem, Lex Woo, Mick T-woc and James Keating.
Friday January 17th
- Ath Cliath Records presents Jambo + guests @ The Workman’s Club (€5)
[Rap] Irish rapper Jambo. ‘The Human Condition’
- Fun Lovin’ Criminals @ The Academy (SOLD OUT)
[Pop] The owner of Difontaines is still peddling them scooby snacks.
- September Girls, Princess, Autumns @ Bello Bar, Portobello (€5)
[Garage Rock] Dublin rockers launch their Cursing The Sea album.
- MUD: Bruce Willis presents: Lone and Blonde @ Twisted Pepper (11pm, €12/€10)
[Dance] R&S Records producer / Eton Messy producer. Plus 4WRD GRAD, David Kennedy & Daire Carolan and Calzone Kelly.
- M*A*S*H vs. Zombie Circus @ Pacino’s (Free, 11pm)
[DJs] Lex Woo & Dj Mog-Y playing Funk.
- Abstract, Bedlam and POD present Max Cooper @ Button Factory (11pm, €13)
[Electronic] Belfast DJ and maker of some delicate elongated electronic music.
Saturday January 18th
- Irish Record Fair @ Sweeney’s (Noon – 5pm, Free)
[Fair] Collectible vinyl and more for sale.
- State’s Faces of 2014: Moscow Metro, Floor Staff, Simi Crowns, Maria Somerville @ The Mercantile (Free)
[Folk] State.ie’s new music celebration continues IRL.
- 65daysofstatic @ Button Factory (€15)
[Post-rock] UK Instrumental band with increasing glitchiness. First live show here in 6 years!
- Frank Fairfield, Tujaques @ The Grand Social (€15, WIN TICKETS)
[Folk] A young man and old time folk musician who plays fiddle, guitar and banjo .
- Debut @ Mutate @ The Pint (9pm, €10)
[DJs] Jay Carroll (Mutate) B2B w/ Niall Cleary (Subject Dublin) / Cian Coburn (Breakfast Club) / Nathan Jones (Vision Collector) / Doug Cooney (RealSound / BTC) & Giles Armstrong.
- Pogo: Emergence present Boddika @ Twisted Pepper (€10-€13, 10:30pm )
[Dance] Joy O collaborator returns for a regular set.
- Hidden Agenda: Tourist @ Button Factory (€10, 11pm)
[Electronica] London producer/musician who drew a crowd at EP last year.
- LIl Dave, Neon Beat Club @ Pacino’s (Free/€10, 11pm)
[DJs] Lil Dave in the main room for free with club playing Disco downstairs.
- Choice Cuts present Jon1st, DJ Flip @ The Sugar Club (€10, 1opm)
[DJ] Two high quality turntablist DJs, the former the recent DMC World Champion 2012.
Sunday January 19th
- 12 Sundays: Home DJs @ The Bernard Shaw (Free, afternoon til evening)
[DJs] Laidback Sunday DJ session with Disco DJs.
- All City and Abstract present Fold @ The Pygmalion (€5, 9pm)
[DJs] A new series of low key parties with London-based producer. Plus Daire Carolan and Jay Reid.
Monday January 20th
- Nothing. Yet.