A 7-day guide to Dublin music gigs and events this week.
Tuesday June 4th
Zebra Katz @ Whelan’s
- The Ruby Sessions @ Doyle’s (€6, 9pm)
[Acoustic] Long-running acoustic weekly night with sometimes surprise special guests.
Wednesday June 5th
- Kaleidoscope @ The Odessa Club (€12-€15)
[Neoclassical] Contemporary and classical live music.
- Bruce Willis: Kobina @ Lost Society (€7/€5, 10:30pm)
[Electronic] First Second Label new addition + 2 rooms of DJs. ‘Stay Right Now’
Thursday June 6th
- Ana Gog @ Whelan’s (€10)
[Folk] Folk and post-rock combine. Support Myles Manley.
- Junior Spesh @ Twisted Pepper (€7,10:30pm)
[Eclectic] Reggae and Dancehall special.
Friday June 7th
- Poolside @ Button Factory (€8)
[Disco-funk] Laidback Summer disco and funk electronic band.
- Picturehouse @ Vicar Street (€23)
[Pop/Rock] First album in 10 years from the melodic pop band known for ‘Sunburst’.
- Skinny Wolves: Sea Pinks, The #1s, Autumns @ The Annex @ Applerock Studios, 17/21 Foley Street (€10, BYOB)
[Indie/rock] Jangle garage rock and fuzzy guitar music.
- Groom, The Run Ons, Skelocrats @ Anseo (€5)
[indie/rock] Three Popical Island bands play upstairs in the small room.
- Retro Revival presents Sweet Jane w/ Tandem Felix + Fiction Peaks & The Dead Beat @ Sweeneys €5, 9pm)
[Rock] shoegaze, atmospheric and garage rock.
- Licky’s Monster Panti’s: Diamond Dagger, French Bird, I Heart The Monster Hero @ Pantibar (Free)
[Club] Licky Rake & Monster hero will be hosting a free monthly show with bands, gags & a bit of cabaret for the craic (First Friday of the month)
- Black Dot (DJ set), White Collar Boy (DJ set) @ The Pygmalion (Free, 10pm)
[DJs] White Collar Boy presents nights are back in The Pyg.
- MUD: Heavy, Not Your Girlfriend @ Twisted Pepper (€10, 10:30pm)
[Club] Hip-hop, DJs playing all kinds of music and interactive stuff.
- Red Bull Music Academy & Minicosm present Delroy Edwards [L.I.E.S] , Tr One @ The Grand Social (€7, 11pm)
[Club] ghetto house and basement techno, disco and electronica.
Saturday June 8th
- Hunters Moon All Dayer @ The Sugar Club (1pm – 10:30pm, €12/ €8)
[Festival fundraiser] “An all day event of art, films, stalls, music and other weirdo stuff “
- Immortal Technique presents The (R)evolution of The Martyr @ The Sugar Club (€16)
[Rap/film] Film screening, Q&A, Live show.
- Bill Blood, Richie Egan, Dylan Phillips @ Bewley’s Cafe Theatre (€7)
[Folk] Launch of Come Softly To My Wake album.
- Mumblin’ Deaf Ro, The Lie-Ins, The Prairie Dogs @ The Cobblestone (€7, 9pm)
[Folk/rock] One of Ireland’s best true-life songwriters headlines the night here. Always a good venue to visit.
- The Last Sound, Last Days Of 1984 @ Twisted Pepper (€10, Free 7″ to first 30 people on door)
[Electronic] Launch of new album Rainbow Xplode featuring ‘Sun Forever’.
- Hidden Agenda: Matias Aguayo @ Button Factory (€10, 11pm)
[Dance/Electronic] Kompakt’s “post-minimal dance music” producer.
- Mother: Nancy Whang @ Copper Alley Niteclub (€10, 11pm)
[DJs] LCD Soundsystem singer and musician along with Ghostboy celebrate Mother’s 3rd birthday.
- Myles Manley @ Whelan’s (Free via Facebook, Midnight)
[Indie] Recent EP Jagger Manque showcased bedroom electronica set to Myles’ divisive voice.
Sunday June 9th
- The Us vs. Them Summer Soundsystem @ The Pygmalion (€5, 4pm)
[DJs] DJs from CUNT, Hidden Agenda, Workman’s, BK Zoo and White Collar Boy,
- 12 Sundays: Aaron Dempsey, Gumbo @ The Bernard Shaw (Free, from 4pm)
[DJs] The last of the weekend in a relaxed atmosphere.