Photo credit: Scott Salt
Electric Picnic has announced the acts for its Trailer Park area along with its unique offerings at Stradbally this year.
The festival’s Trailer Park area in terms of music looks like this:
- Attention Bebe
- Cable Street Collective
- Acid Granny
- Post Punk Podge
- Cooks But We’re Chefs
- Onion Boys
- The Deadlians
- The 45s
- Clara Treacy
- Luna Boys
- The Pearly Whites
- Manden Express
In addition to the live performance, Trailer Park prides itself on its mobile venues of campervans, vans, mobile homes and more.
Collectively they create a metropolis of tiny venues, interactive cultural outposts, fun-clinics and oddball theatres. It is anchored by the Mobile Home Stage, quite literally a stage set in the form of a ‘static’ complete with bedroom, kitchen, lavatory and lounge.
You can expect:
- Nun of That will bring you back to the good auld days of Irish sex education where nun’s rule the school.
- Come to your Census will set the alarms in the Office of Data Protection.
- The Vaniel O’Donnell Experience will thrill hardened cynics with something for everyone.
- Escape the Movies will lock guests in their caravan, with a list of riddles to get out.
- The Snug will invite participants to dress up in old shawls and paddy caps, with pipes and newspapers.
- Caravan Mambo is a live DJ set in this Ibiza inspired caravan,
- Rocket is a wonky-looking shuttle, made with ‘only the best materials’, offering space travel
- Seagulls will steal your chips and your discarded crap and make an unsavoury nest in the middle of everything.
- Troll under the Sea is an underwater caravan that will bring you into the deep, for a little eco talk.
- Terrible Terry presents The EP Open 2022, a nine hole golf course run by a rag tag group of crap golfers.
- Caravanaoke will cram you all in, give you a song, and ensure chaos ensues.
- Blindfold Maze will take place inside a caravan, disoriented, blindfolded and deprived of hearing.
- Quizivan returns with it’s infamous and glamorous TV quiz.
- Ceili Kitchen where ‘out the back’ trad is in full swing.
- Car + Van is a Frankenstein sculpture of Mini and Monza.
- Who Let the Dad’s Out? – who let them back, more like?
- Deadly Disco is a bike that circles Trailer Park looking for a corner to set up in.
- Boogie Woogie compete to be the best 70s/80s dancer.
- Band Wagon offers a recording studio in a caravan to passersby
- Redneck Mobile Home sees the obnoxious occupants of the dirtiest mobile home in Trailer Park return.