Between ‘Sleeping Ute’ and ‘Yet Again’, Shields, the fourth album from Grizzly Bear looks to be heading in a more psychedelic direction, one in which the relative pop melodies of 2009’s Veckatimest appear to be superseded by instrumentation that isn’t as crystal clear, that is more wirey and murky. It might be too earlier to tell as Grizzly Bear albums are exactly that, a studiously put-together collection of songs but based on the two songs so far, there’s doesn’t seem to be a big breakout single a la ‘Two Weeks’. Again, not a problem, just a different prospect. Shields is out on September 14th in Ireland (17th UK , 18th US).
Comments are closed.
- Marie Davidson’s ‘Work It’ is the instructional life coach banger you need to be a winner
- Review: Have Villagers perfected the art of pretending to swim?
- Premiere: Talos returns with cinematic live video for ‘Your Love Is An Island’
- Here’s what you need to know about the acts playing Syrias Vibes this week
- 10 great new songs you should hear right now
- 10 new Irish songs you should hear this week
Upcoming Nialler9 Events
- 8 gigs and clubs to see in Limerick city this week1 day ago
- 20 gigs and clubs to see in Cork this weekend1 day ago
- Here’s what you need to know about the acts playing Syrias Vibes this week2 days ago
- Gig news roundup: Glen Hansard, Little Green Cars, ONRA, Mahalia, LAOISE and more.2 days ago
- Metropolis Festival add Friendly Fires, Booka Brass, David Keenan to Saturday lineup3 days ago
- SOMA announce new shows in Dublin and Cork featuring The Murder Capital, Wynona Bleach and more3 days ago
- 9 music highlights to see @ Culture Night in Dublin this Friday3 days ago
- O Emperor announce final album and band breakup4 days ago
- The best gigs & clubs in Dublin this week4 days ago
- Popular club brand elrow coming to Dublin4 days ago