If you’re looking for tickets to sold out gigs try #ticketfairy on Twitter.
Skip to day: Tues | Wed | Thurs | Fri | Sat | Sun | Mon
Ticket freebies this week:
- Friday: Not Saying Boo! present Ben UFO, Pangaea and Pearson Sound @ Twisted Pepper
How to enter – Email [email protected] with the gig above in the Subject line you’re entering for along with your full name and phone number in the body of the message. Full info on each show below. Draw closes at 6pm the day before the gig.
Tuesday January 28th
- Grace Wilde and Vyvienne Long @ Whelan’s (€10)
[Rock] “A bewildering mix of jazz, soul, folk, blues and rock while keeping their Irish roots…”
Wednesday January 29th
- Young Hearts Run Free presents Moonface, Katie Kim, Caoimhin ó Raghallaigh @ St. Werburgh’s Church (€16)
[Alternative] Spencer Krug’s solo project in an interesting church venue. Plus Niamh McCormackSings.
Thursday January 30th
- Less Than Jake / Reel Big Fish @ The Academy (€27)
[Ska] Relive the US ska-punk lite days.
- The Erics @ Button Factory (€12)
[Awards] Entertainment.ie’s Award show featuring Le Galaxie, Gavin James, Cave Ghosts and O Emperor.
- What is Living and What is Dead @ Peppercanister Church (€15)
[Piano composition] A new large-scale work by composer Simon O’Connor…
- The Legend of Luke Kelly @ Vicar Street (€30)
[Trad] 30th Anniversary Concert.
Friday January 31st
- The Mighty Stef , Sonance Hotel, The Statics @ Whelan’s (€12)
[Rock] Dublin rockers playing some of their career best shows at the moment.
- Cian Nugent And The Cosmos, Brigid Power-Ryce @ The Joinery (€10/8, BYOB)
[Folk] The Dublin instrumental band lead by Nugent’s guitar playing released Born With The Caul studio album a couple of months back.
- Payday: Nanu Nanu, Voids @ The Mart Studios, Rathmines (€10/€7, BYOB)
[Alternative] Fundraiser for new arts space in the old fire station.
- Voided by Ponces, Paddy Hanna @ Anseo (€5)
[Indie-rock] Guided by Voices tribute band.
- The Gorgeous Colours @ The Grand Social (€10)
[Indie] Farewell show from about to split band.
- Together Disco & Fatty Fatty Phonographics: Maurice Fulton @ The Pint (€10, 10pm)
[Dance] Electric Elephant Croatia festival launch. Plus Billy Scurry and Pablo.
- Cycle_01:, Dubology DJs, Subrewind x Strangeways and more @ Code 23, Temple Bar (€7, 10pm)
[D&B/Bass] First night of a new bass music club.
- Not Saying Boo! present Ben UFO, Pangaea and Pearson Sound @ Twisted Pepper (11pm, €15 , WIN TICKETS)
[Dance] Hessle Audio showcase. Listen to Frankie Grimes’ top 20 HA tracks mixtape.
Saturday February 1st
- Vice 1st Birthday: Diskotekken and Nialler9 DJs @ Twisted Pepper (Free)
[Party] Relaxed SAturday afternoon celebrations with Gruel Guerilla sambos and obviously €1 coffees.
- Terra Melos, Simon Bird, Turning Down Sex@ The Workman’s Club (€10)
[Rock] California experimental rock band are signed to Sargent House.
- Anna Calvi @ Vicar Street (€16.50)
[Rock] Songs from six-string bashing virtuoso’s second album included.
- Discotekken presents: The Jungle Book, Donal Dineen (DJ) and more @ The Sugar Club (€10, 9pm)
[Pop] Kinda random night with screening of Disney class, live West Africa band Manden Express and Dineen DJ set.
- Fear of Music @ Pacino’s (11pm, €10)
[DJs] Sunil Sharpe, Olan All City & Niall Cleary.
- POGO: Bang The Box & Melodic Present Boo Williams and Ripperton @ Twisted Pepper (€12-€15, 10:30pm )
[Dance] Chicago deep house DJ and Swiss soul-influenced tech-house DJ headline.
- Hidden Agenda: Krystal Klear @ Button Factory (€10/€15, 11pm)
[Electronica] Have you heard this man’s new tune???
Sunday February 2nd
- 12 Sundays: Terriers @ The Bernard Shaw (Free, afternoon til evening)
[DJs] Laidback Sunday DJ session with live set from impressive new electronic duo.
- Bill Callahan @ Olympia theatre (€27.50)
[Rock] Grumpy yet elegant former SMOG man plays his biggest Irish show yet. Seated.
Monday February 3rd