Nialler9 is seeking enthusiastic intern applicants for the summer months. Applicants should be looking to gain more experience in music writing, content creation and the music industry at large.
- Flexible – one day a week or more depending on what you can commit
- 10am to 6pm ideally (June – September)
- Occasional night events for gig organisation / socialising with industry experience.
- The role is based in Dublin city centre.
As it’s not a full-time position, for this position I can only a nominal fee but there is an opportunity to turn this into a paid position for the candidate who excels in the role.
You will assist with gig and news articles, new music and festival features, interviews, album reviews, Spotify playlists, podcast research, event planning, strategy, marketing, admin and all aspects of the business.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be comfortable with HTML code, WordPress, photo and audio editing, understand what makes people click stories, social media techniques, spreadsheets, style guides and copy-editing
- Be a capable writer able to react to events and turn copy around in minutes without errors
- Have a strong attention to detail and be organised
- Have excellent research skills
- Be self-motivated and show a high-level of initiative
- Identify music trends and online publishing opportunities
Most importantly, passion for new music is a must.
You must be familiar with the artists covered on the site and engage with it and music actively. You must be the kind of person who updates their Spotify new music playlist every day. You must always be thirsty to hear the next great new song. You must love going to gigs and clubs.
There will also be opportunities to get involved with club nights as well as learn more about music sync, supervision and artist management.
To apply, email [email protected] with your C.V. before June 1st and the following:
- A short note about why you want to work with Nialler9 and what you feel you could do for the business
- A 300-word feature about a music topic, artist or album (released this year) of your choice
- A list of some topics or features you’d like to write for Nialler9
- A Spotify playlist of your current favourite songs
- A link to your blog or any existing writing
All applications should be in before June 1st.
Niall Byrne is the founder of the most-influential Irish music site Nialler9, where he has been writing about music since 2005 . He is the cohost of the Nialler9 Podcast and has written for the Irish Times, Irish Independent, Cara Magazine, Sunday Times, Totally Dublin, Red Bull and more. Niall is a DJ, founder of Lumo Club, event curator and producer of gigs, parties & events.