This week’s Nialler9 Podcast is inadvertently all about artists who are subverting the norms, whether it’s The Gloaming expanding the borders of Irish trad music (Luke Sharkey talks to Iarla O’Lionaird and Caoimhín Ó Raghallaigh just before the last night of their 7-night residency at the National Concert Hall in Dublin), whether it’s the “neo-kawaii” subversion of Japanese culture from Chai and their album of the week Punk or Lizzo’s body-positive photoshoot in Playboy.
- Grimes is back and change is on the horizon…
- A lament for Myspace – in the wake of the supposed accidental deletion of over 53 million files, we look back at the original social media network’s legacy.
- Lizzo takes herself to Playboy.
- Tracks of the week from Lizzo, Brian Jonestown Massacre, Weyes Blood
- and Powpig
- Album of the week: Japanese polychromatic band Chai – Punk
- Luke Sharkey talks to Iarla O’Lionaird and Caoimhín Ó Raghallaigh just before the last night of their 7-night residency at the National Concert Hall in Dublin about their new album The Gloaming 3 and putting poems to music.Closing song: Caz 9 and Cidot – Walk It Off | Catch her tonight at Future Proof.