Time for another short trawl through some music news, audio and linkage.
- More details on the new MF Doom album (now just Doom) – Born Like This will be out on Lex Records on March 23rd and features guests rhymes from Ghostface and Raekwon with the producers J Dilla (R.I.P), Madlib and Jake One contributing. Meanwhile, Fact Magazine are pretty excited by a five track sampler. Listen to ‘Ballskin’.
- Really taken by the title track from Camera Obscura’s forthcoming new album My Maudlin Career. The album is out on 4AD in April.
- Una has decided to stop blogging (for now). Quitsies. A real pity.
- Kode 9 debuted a new Burial track during Benji B’s 1Xtra show last week. I really enjoyed the whole show (see playlist) especially Jaylib’s ‘The Red’ and Hudson Mohawke too so I hope to tune in again. Download the show here.
- The Pirate Bay and other sites which facilitate illegal music sharing are to be blocked by ISPs in Ireland.
- A gig of note from two of Belfast’s best bands at the moment – Escape Act and Cashier no. 9 takes place in Whelan’s on Saturday.
- Epic lol – Bill Callahan’s new album Sometimes I Wish We Were An Eagle comes watermarked with a comedy car horn during the tracks. Listening to it is like listening to Jackass airgolfing the entire album!
- Nialler9 was included in Shane Hegarty’s piece about 20 most essential Irish blogs in the Irish Times over the weekend.
- Halves are heading off to Montreal to record with Efrim of Godspeed You Black Emperor at Hotel2Tango. Efrim did a great job on British Sea Power’s Do You Like Rock Music? album last year. The band have a new single called ‘Blood Branches’ will be available on 7″ in March as a split with Subplots.
- More new Yeah Yeah Yeahs – Heads Will Roll.
- Finally: Some more Youtube weirdness: Anyone care to explain this?
What's Your Reaction?