- Friday: Subject presents Derrick May @ District 8 (10pm, €15)
- Saturday: Olugbenga @ The Grand Social (€12/€10, 11pm)
How to enter ticket comps – Email [email protected] with the gig above in the Subject line you’re entering for along with your full name and phone number (for late contact) in the body of the message. Full info on each show below. Draw closes at 6pm the day before the gig or Friday 1pm latest for weekend gigs.
Tuesday October 13
- Songs of the damned: The Pogues Project @ The Grand Social (€10)
[Homage/celebration] Interpretations of The Pogues.
- The Ruby Sessions @ Doyle’s (9pm, €5)
[Acoustic club] Lineup tbc.
Wednesday October 14
Thursday October 15
- Listen @ Bello Bar (€10)
[Free] Songwriter Tommy Moore, thoughtful and inventive jazz piano trio CEO Experiment,
- Ain’t No Border High Enough @ The Sugar Club (€10/€15)
[in aid of Calais Refugee Solidarity Campaign] Twin Headed Wolf, Owensie, Landless, The Spook of the Thirteenth Lock, Lasertom,Donal Dineen & more.
- The Bohicas @ The Academy 2 (€13)
[Rock] English rock band signed to Domino.
- Yo La Tengo @ National Concert Hall (€22.50)
[Indie] Longstanding indie band.
- Turning Pirate presents: Rachel Sermanni @ The Grand Social (€15)
[Singer-songwriter] Scottish folk singer.
- Welcome Turns 1 with Deadboy + Murlo @ District 8 (€6-€12)
[Electronic] +Glacial Sound Tjugo Lax Bobofunk. Murlo – Moodswung.
Friday October 16
- U:mack: Mutoid Man, No Spill Blood & 7.5 Tonnes of Beard @ The Grand Social (€16)
[Rock] Sargent House bands: MM feat. members of Cave In & Converge / ToB feat members of ASIWYFA
- Felabration 15 : Yankari EP Launch @ The Sugar Club (€10-€15)
[Afrobeat] + Manden Express & DJ Lex Woo
- Nialler9 DJ set @ The Bernard Shaw (Free)
[DJ set] I’ll definitely play some of this.
- Anderson @ Unitarian Church (SOLD OUT)
[Singer/songwriter] Man behind one of the best recent Irish albums Patterns.
- The Midnight Hour: Orchid Collective, We Were Giants @ Whelan’s (Midnight, guestlist)
[new Irish] Figure It Out.
- Techno & Cans presents: Clouds @ Hangar (€12/€15, 11pm)
[Dance] Techno producer. Soundcloud.
- Subject presents Derrick May @ District 8 (10pm, €15, WIN TICKETS)
[Dance] Underground house & techno legend.
- Dusky @ The Academy (€20)
[Dance] UK House pop producers.
- Pyg presents Harri & Domenic @ The Pygmalion (€10, 9:30pm)
[Dance] Glasgow Sub Club residents
Saturday October 17
- Cassette Store Day @ The Pop Inn (€7, 1pm – 8pm)
[Party] Me and My Dog, Mr. Rosso, Lie Ins, Tobi the Dog, No Monster Club…
- Homebeat presents Lyric Book @ Smock Alley (€10, 3pm)
[Music/poetry] All Ireland Slam Champion Stephen Murphy & songwriter Pearse McGloughlin
- Dublin 2020: Anderson, Hot Sprockets, Darling @ Meeting House Square (Free)
[Irish] In support of the Dublin2020 bid for European Capital of Culture.
- Bitch Falcon, Pranks @ Sin É (Free, 9pm)
[Rock] Grungey band headline.
- Sack, The Pale @ The Grand Social (€10)
[Rock] Vintage Irish bands reform for a once-off show.
- Adrian Crowley @ The Unitarian Church (€15)
[Rock] Majestic folk from the Galway man.
- Speedy Ortiz @ Whelan’s (€16)
[Indie/rock] Massachusetts alt/rock band. + Trust Fund / Oh Boland.
- Benoit & Sergio @ Opium Rooms (€10/€15, 11pm)
[Dance] electronic pop-edged music. Rev 909.
- Olugbenga @ The Grand Social (€12/€10, 11pm, WIN TICKETS)
[DJ] Metronomy bassist and DJ. A recent Mix.
- Modern Magic Presents: Luke Vibert, Alexander Robotnick, & Automatic Tasty @ District 8 (€10/€15, 11pm)
[Dance] Wagon Christ and Warp producer heads the bill / synth disco / electronic / + Simon Conway.
- Hawklion @ Whelan’s Upstairs (€8)
[Indie/synth/pop] Soundcloud tracks. Kate’s Party afterwards.
- Lingo Festival Club: Inja & Backshed Inc @ The Meeting House (Free, 11pm)
[presented by State.ie] Spoken word and hip-hop.
- T/A/S/T/E @ The Grand Social (Free, 11pm)
[Monthly DJ night] House, techno, disco and cosmic music.
- Mother @ Copper Alley (€5/€10, 11pm)
[Disco club] Kelly-Anne Byrne and Ruth Kavanagh on the decks.
Sunday October 18
- Saul Williams, Mark Grist & John Cummins @ Button Factory (€20)
[Lingo Festival] Rapper, poet and performer. New album Martyr Loser King coming. Recommended.
- Johnny Marr @ Olympia Theatre (€26.50)
[Rock] Uk indie icon.
- Sales @ Whelan’s (€13.50)
[Rock] new American indie / pop. EP.
- Old Hannah @ Whelan’s (€10/€12)
[Folk] Sligo folk, country and roots.
Monday Oct 19
- The Soft Moon, Twinkranes @ Whelan’s (€16)
[Industrial] Captured Tracks artist. “leather-hearted industrial-dance anthems”