Email to be in the draw for free entry:
- Friday: Choice Cuts: King & Purple Rain Screening @ The Sugar Club (€12.50)
- Saturday: Come On Live Long @ Unitarian Church (€10)
- Saturday: Blanck Mass, Magic Pockets, DJ Gib Cassidy @ The Grand Social (€16, 11:30pm)
- Sunday: Willis Earl Beal, Myles Manley @ The Sugar Club (€15)
How to enter free entry comps – Email [email protected] with the gig above in the Subject line you’re entering for along with your full name and phone number (for late contact) in the body of the message. Full info on each show below. Draw closes at 6pm the day before the gig or Friday 1pm latest for weekend gigs.
Tuesday March 29
- Imagining Home: England @ NCH (€22.50+)
[England/Ireland performers] Martin Carthy, Camille O’Sullivan, Cáit O’Riordan, Paul Brady, Andy Irvine, Cathal Coughlan, Lisa O’Neill, Kevin Rowland and Sean Read of Dexys.
- Ruby Sessions @ Doyle’s (€6, 9pm)
[Acoustic showcase] Read my interview with Conor Ruby Sessions.
- Native Oak @ Whelan’s (€10)
[Singer-songwriter] Fingerpicking guitarist and singer.
Wednesday March 30
- Jack Garratt @ Olympia Theatre (Sold out)
[Pop] One man band of electronic pop and singer-songwriter persuasion.
Thursday March 31
- ProtoMartyr,Oh Boland @ The Workman’s Club (€14)
[Indie/Rock] Coward’s Starve live at P4k fest.
- Jess Glynne @ Olympia Theatre (Sold out)
[Pop] Electronic pop powerhouse
Friday April 1
- Girl Band @ Vicar Street (€19)
[Alt-rock] After months of gig cancellations, the band finally play Holding Hands With Jamie live again.
- Gregory Porter @ Olympia Theatre (€€33.60+)
[Soul] Grammy award winning singer 2nd show on Saturday.
- Wyvern Lingo @ Button Factory (€16)
[Rock/pop] Letter To Willow EP launch.
- Acid – 1988 Rewind! @ The Wiley Fox (€5, 10pm)
[Acid House and Techno ] 4 DJs playing old-school tunes.
- Rival Consoles @ Opium Rooms (€10, 11pm)
[Electronic] Erased Tapes’ very first signing. + Hidden Agenda and Abstract DJs.
- Church Dublin @ Hangar (€8+, 11pm)
[Club] Moves from Meeting House to new venue Hangar monthly.
- Marcel Dettman @ District 8 (€15, 11pm)
[Dance] MDR Label Night: Support from Ryan James Ford.
- Choice Cuts: King & Purple Rain Screening @ The Sugar Club (€12.50, WIN TICKETS)
[R&B] LA soul trio / recent Nialler9 album of the week.
- Dip with Lumigraph and Sias B2B @ Bar Tengu (€8/€10, 10pm)
[Club] Two floor party.
Saturday April 2
- Imagining Home: This is Ireland @ NCH (Sold out)
[Irish songs] Roddy Doyle, Colm Mac Con Iomaire, David Rooney, Judith Mok, Ye Vagabonds, Lisa O’Neill, Stephen James Smith, Joseph O’Connor, Paula Meehan, Maya Youssef, Loah & Brendan Begley
- Peter Hook and The Light @ The Academy (€23.50)
[Rock] Hacienda man’s band playing two albums from his former band New Order
- Matt & Kim @ Button Factory (€16)
[Pop] Brooklyn indie dance duo
- Come On Live Long @ Unitarian Church (€10, WIN TICKETS)
[Indie/alt] Listen to their brilliant new single For The Birds.
- Hvmmingbyrd, I Am Niamh, Saramai and Lauren Ni Chasaide.@ Whelan’s Upstairs (€5/€8)
[Irish alt-pop] Launch of new single Out of My Head
- Dolittle presents Meatbodies @ The Workman’s Club (€12)
[Rock] “big, bold, bright garage-punk”
- Fishgodeep, Keep Schtum @ Bar Tengu (€11.50)
[Dance] Cork house legends + Visuals by Generic People
- Medium Presents and the Thin Air present Psykick Dancehall: Laura Sheeran, Bad Bones & Katharine Philippa @ Bello Bar (€7)
[Electronic/singer-songwriter] Great lineup of female talent.
- Blanck Mass, Magic Pockets, DJ Gib Cassidy @ The Grand Social (€16, 11:30pm, WIN TICKETS)
[Electronic] Celestial textured electronica with ambient touches.
- Boddika @ District 8 (€15, 11pm)
[Dance] A regular visit from the dancefloor heavyweight.
- Sense: Danny Daze @ Button Factory (€10, 11pm)
[Dance] Dj/ Producer from Miami.
- Gui Boratto @ Opium Rooms (€20, 11pm)
[Dance] Respected Brazilian electronic pop-leaning producer
Sunday April 3
- Imagining Home: Out of the Tradition @ NCH (€22.50+)
[Songbook] Martin Hayes & Dennis Cahill, Usher’s Island, the Tulla Céilí Band, Caoimhín Ó Raghallaigh and Iarla Ó Lionáird.
- Willis Earl Beal, Myles Manley @ The Sugar Club (€15, WIN TICKETS)
[Alt] Lo-Fi experimental gospel soul and rhythm n blues
- I Draw Slow, Old Hannah, Lisa O Neill, Mundy & more @ The Grand Social (€16)
[Techno] in support of Alice Mary Higgins for Seanad Eire
- Vinyl & Wine presents: Astral Weeks @ The Liquor Rooms [SOLD OUT] [listening party] Plus a panel discussion about Van Morrison’s legacy, the album’s production and its impact.
- The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill Sing Along @ MVP (€5)
[Singalong] Sing along to the great album from 1998.
- Picture This @ The Academy (€12, All ages)
[new Irish] Pop folk duo on the rise.
Monday April 4
- I’m mad but I ain’t stressing.