Email for free entry:
How to enter free entry comps – Email [email protected] with the gig above in the Subject line you’re entering for along with your full name and phone number (for late contact) in the body of the message. Full info on each show below. Draw closes at 6pm the day before the gig or Friday 1pm latest for weekend gigs.
Tuesday February 2
- Daniel Knox, I Am Niamh @ Whelan’s Upstairs (€10)
[Singer-songwriter] Chicago-based composer/songwriter
- Ruby Sessions: Ryan O’Shaughnessy / David Keenan / Mitch Dowd Music / NIcole-Marie McMonagle @ Doyle’s (€6, 9pm)
[Acoustic showcase] Read my interview with Conor Ruby Sessions.
Wednesday February 3
- Cascades @ The Workman’s Club (€5)
[Indie] Asleep At the Circus.
- PLT: 100 Minds @ The Grand Social (€10)
[Childline gig] Bands & DJs: Heroes In Hiding, Kaily & Dan Stritch [Strictly Deep] Boots & Kats [Toast] & more
- Hot Cops, Me & My Dog @ Sweeney’s (Free)
[Indie/rock] Belfast indie rock – Passive Passive.
- Kaleidoscope @ Bello Bar (€10/€14)
[Contemporary/classical] Far Flung Trio and more.
Thursday February 4
- Good Name: AE MAK + Spoken Word @ The Bernard Shaw (Free)
[Alt-pop] 1st Birthday
- Flook @ The Sugar Club (€20)
[Trad] The flutes of Brian Finnegan and Sarah Allen, the guitar of Ed Boyd and the bodhran of John Joe Kelly
- Welcome with Local Action: DJ Q @ The Grand Social (€6, 10pm)
[Dance] bassline and garage innovator DJ Q, label owner Tom Lea + Finn , Shriekin’ and Glacial Sound.
- Loose & R19: Lee Walker / Miffy & Miller @ Hangar (€12, 10:30pm)
[Dance] Balearic Ibiza house grooves & garage.
- Rabbit Hole Viii: Tribal Circus @ The Wiley Fox (€4/6, 1opm)
[Dance ] with Shriekin, Wirey Wizard, & West African Percussion + Dance
Friday February 5
- Blood Bikes East Benefit: Interskalactic @ Whelan’s (€10)
[Fundraiser] Mark Campbell, The Clicks and Interskalactic performing to support your local Blood Bikes group that provides FREE transportation to your HSE Hospitals.
- Joe Jackson @ Olympia Theatre (€40)
[Songwiter] Seated show. A short solo/piano set before bringing out a full band. Steppin Out.
- Sept. Girls, Cut Once, The North Sea @ The Odessa Club (Free but full)
[New Irish] The Last Mixed Tape’s Second Birthday Party
- Blossoms, The Vryll Society @ The Academy Green Room (€10)
[Indie] UK indie. Charlemagne.
- Nirvana : Live At Reading @ The Sugar Club (€10/€15 for 2)
[Screening] concert screening and headbanging moshing DJs after
- Rosa Nutty, Drawn By Dogs @ Bello Bar (€5)
[Folk/pop] Fine Print.
- dip @ Jigsaw (€5, 10pm, BYOB)
[DJs] Cait, Robbie and Enda playing disco, boogie and more.
- Kolsch @ District 8 (€15, 11pm)
[Dance] Danish Kompakt artist making house. DJ set.
- Sim Simma: Dancehall Bashment – w/ Bobofunk, Tim Timma & Docktah Irie @ Wigwam (€5, 10pm)
[Dancehall/reggae] Basement before – Dancehall Classes w/ Tina €5
- Under the Influence @ The Basement, The Sweeney Mongrel
[House/techno] Vincent Furlong B2B Soulfinder, Dave Mcgoff …
- The Deece Series: Galcher Lustwerk @ Opium Rooms (€10, 11pm)
[Dance] Second in the series where Dj Deece is joined by a guest.
- Kill de/DJ.01 @ Turks Head (€5/€8, 9:30pm)
[Electronic]Peaks, Crabby, Polyglove, Core Minimal, Chewlips // Analogue electronica / no DJs.
Saturday February 6
- Doin’ It For Dilla @ The Bernard Shaw (Free, 5pm)
[DJs] A DJ tribute to J Dilla with documentary screening.
- Ailbhe Reddy, Davina Brady @ Abner Brown’s Barber Shop
[New Irish music] Part of the Women in Music series.
- Youth Lagoon @ Whelan’s (€22, WIN PASSES)
[Indie/Alt] Last ever Irish gig for Trevor Powers’ current project, as announced yesterday.
- Dublin LoFi Expo: handsome eric, Stephen Star, Tobi The Dog @ Bello Bar (€6)
[Lo-fi] Medium presents and The Thin Air present Irish bedroom pop
- VOXX @ Whelan’s Upstairs (€10)
[Rock/pop] Launch of Glamour Puss single.
- The Coronas, Gavin James, Ryan Sheridan, Lethal Dialect, The Academic, Sample Answer @ Olympia Theatre (€35)
[Charity] Fm104s Help a Dublin Child gig
- Funzo presents Showcase @ The Workman’s Club (€5)
[Showcase] 30 acts. 3 hours. 1 stage. Includes Hvmmingbyrd, Collie, 5th Element.
- Diskotekken: Jungle Book Party 2016 @ The Sugar Club (€7-€16)
[Screening/music] Yankari Afrobeat Collective (Live afrobeat from Lagos/Dublin)
- Sense: Breach @ Button Factory (€12, 11pm)
[Dance] Latest tracks.
- Doorly & Friends at Opium Rooms (€10, 11pm)
[Dance] Maxxi Soundsystem, Harvard Bass,
- Hidden Agenda Presents: Daniel Avery and Kassem Mosse @ District 8 (€18, 11pm)
[Dance] Another return for Drone Logic dude.
Sunday February 7
- An Evening With Greg Dulli @ Whelan’s (€23)
[Alt] The Twilight Singers / Afghan Whigs
Monday February 8