Output is a Belfast conference and gig showcase taking place in Belfast on Thursday February 18th.
The conference part, which is free to attend with registration, will take place at The Mac during the day and will feature a keynote address from Steve Albini, Paul Hartnoll of Orbital on music composition and placement, singer-songwriter Bry, a co-writing panel with a direct-to-fan Q&A with artist Nadine Shah and I’ll be participating in a talk too.
At night, the focus shifts to nine live music showcases curated by different organisations including IMRO, Chord Blossom, Electric Mainline and a copresent between Nialler9 and The Thin Air that looks like this:
Here’s what the other showcases look like (curators information forthcoming)
- 39 Gordon Street – Arborist, Ciaran Lavery, The Clameens and Jealous of the Birds;
- Aether & Echo – CM88, Wake America, REWS and The Wood Burning Savages;
- McHughs – Susie Blue, Albuquerque, Robocobra Quartet and Blue Whale;
- The Black Box (Green Room) – Ryan McMullan, Rachel Boyd, Travis is a Tourist and Tuskany;
- The Dirty Onion – Eve Belle, Lilla Vargan, Jess Edlin and Bitch Falcon;
- The John Hewitt – Callum Stewart, Rosie Carney, Jessica Doherty and Son of The Hound;
- The Oh Yeah Centre – Abandcalledboy, Hot Cops, R51 and Silences;
- White’s Tavern – Alphabetika, The Late Twos, Ryan Veil and PORTS.