Highlights: Darkstar, Mazes, Ebo Taylor, Rae Morris, Get The Blessing, Dauwd, Girls Names, Slow Hands & I Am The Cosmos, Benga, Enemies & Efterklang film screening.
If you’re looking for tickets to sold out gigs try #ticketfairy on Twitter.
Ticket freebies this week:
Tickets to giveaway to Girls Names (Thursday), Darkstar (Friday), Louis La Roche & Russ Chimes (Friday), Mazes (Saturday), Rae Morris (Saturday) and Ghana highlife star Ebo Taylor & Odapajan (Saturday). Full details of each show and how to enter below.
- How to enter – Email [email protected] with the gig in the Subject line you’re entering for along with your full nameand phone number in the body before 5pm the day before the gig to enter. You can enter into as many as you like but only one entry/email per gig.
Tuesday February 19th
- JDIFF: Broken Song @ IFI (6pm, €11)
Documentary about Dublin rappers Costello, GI and Willa Lee.
- Get The Blessing @ Whelan’s (€15)
Contemporary jazz experimentalists who previously played with Portishead & Radiohead. On an extensive Irish tour this week.
Wednesday February 20th
- Movements: Dauwd @ Button Factory (€6, 11pm)
UK producer – ‘What’s There?’
- Bruce Willis: Frank B & more @ Lost Society (€7/€5)
4 Rooms of DJs.
Thursday February 21st
- Skinny Wolves presents Girls Names, Ginnels, The Last Sound @ The Grand Social (WIN TICKETS, €12)
Album launch of Nialler9 album of the week The New Life.
- Of Monsters & Men @ Olympia Theatre (Sold Out)
‘Little Talks’ Icelandic band.
- Inni-K @ Whelan’s Upstairs (€5)
Upcoming Kildare-based indie-folk singer – ‘Gentle Star‘.
- The Flip Side presents: Kab Driver @The Bernard Shaw (Free)
Belfast electronic producer. Listen to his LP.
- Mark Eitzel @ The Workman’s Club (€17)
American Music Club singer returns for his regular check up.
- Abstract: Jesse Perez, Lil Dave @ The Pygmalion (€7, 10.30pm)
Second week of the new 16 artists/16 weeks club night with Miami’s “ass clapping bump’n’grind” producer.
- Junior Spesh Presents: Benga DJ set with Emmo & Jnr. Spesh DJs @ Twisted Pepper (€10, 10.30pm)
Dirty stinking bass and dubstep from one of the originators.
Friday February 22nd
- Darkstar @ Button Factory (WIN TICKETS, €16.50)
Warp Records artists promoting their quite-good News For Nowhere album.
- Airbound Launch Party @ The Bernard Shaw (Free)
Mister Saturday Night DJs – Eamon Harkin & Justin Carter [NYC].
- I Draw Slow @ Whelan’s (€10)
Dublin roots band.
- World Service Present Temper-Mental Misselayneous @ Twisted Pepper (€TBC)
Big Words EP Launch.
Fidlar @ Academy 2 (€14)
Likely to be rescheduled…TBC.
- “New Year’s Rulin’s!: Andy Irvine, The Dudley Corporation, Lisa O’Neill, The Spook of the Thirteenth Lock, Barry McCormack @ James Joyce House, Usher’s Quay (€20, BYOB)
A Young Hearts Run Free night.
- Ethan Johns, SOAK @ The Sugar Club (€15)
Son of Glyn Johns, Laura Marling collaborator, ‘Whip Poor Will’.
- Walk The Moon @ The Academy (Sold out)
Anthemic American indie-pop – ‘Anna Sun’.
- Bedlam presents Louis La Roche, Russ Chimes @ The Grand Social (WIN TICKETS, €15/€12, 10pm)
British dance producers and remixers.
Saturday February 23rd
- Cowtown: One day in Stoneybatter @ The Joinery and local places (1pm -11pm)
Music in houses: Valerie Francis, Stefano Schiavo Campo, Si Schroeder and more.
- Ebo Taylor, Odapajan, Colours Afrobeat Foundation @ The Sugar Club (WIN TICKETS, €20)
Ghanaian highlife guitar legend and Afrobeat local support. Afro Soul Tropical Disco Party afterwards.
- Harmonic presents: Mazes, September Girls @ The Workman’s Club (WIN TICKETS, €13)
Fuzz pop on Fat Cat Records – ‘Bodies’.
- Rae Morris @ Dublin Unitarian Church (WIN TICKETS, €10)
19 year old singer-songwriter from Blackpool.
- King Of Ping @ Mabos (9pm til late, BYOB)
Ping Pong tournament, music room with 4 DJs and giant projection screens playing music as chosen by you.
- Enemies, Croupier, Spies @ Whelan’s (€8)
Enemies preview their new album. Two Wicklow rock bands and a Dublin indie-rock one for good measure.
- Loud Mouth Volume 5 launch @ The Bernard Shaw (Free)
DJ sets from the collective. Compilations available on Bandcamp.
- Airbound 2013 launch with Slow Hands, I Am The Cosmos, Cait & Orlando @ Button Factory (€8/€10, 11pm)
Slow-mo sultry house from Slow Hands, Irish disco/Italo from Cosmos.
- World Service: Discotekken Live Present PHISQA, Robson Rocha Trio @ Twisted Pepper (€10/€12)
Live Peruvian and Brazilian Jazz.
Sunday February 24th
- 12 Sundays: Luke B @ The Bernard Shaw (Free, 6pm)
Live MPC set.
- John Prine @ Vicar Street (€45)
The “songwriter’s songwriter”.
- Arboretum, Realistic Train @ Whelan’s (€13.50)
Psychedelic heavy rock from the Thrill Jockey label.
Monday February 25th