Email to be in the draw for free entry:
- Friday: Discotekken & Membership:Asquith, Ethyl & Flori @ Bar Tengu (10pm)
- Saturday: Lumo Club: Purple edition @ Bar Tengu (10pm)
- Sunday: Out to Lunch presents Honey Soundsystem + Octo Octa, talk @ Bar Tengu (6pm-late)
- Monday: Ryley Walker, Brigid Mae Power, Fuzzy Hell @ Whelan’s
How to enter free entry comps – Email [email protected] with the gig above in the Subject line you’re entering for along with your full name and phone number (for late contact) in the body of the message. Full info on each show below. Draw closes at 6pm the day before the gig or Friday 1pm latest for weekend gigs.
Tuesday April 26
- Mark Lanegan, Duke Garwood @ The Academy (€27)
[Rock] Gruff and respected versatile (despite limited range) rock vocalist. 1/2 shows.
- Dylan Tighe 3D Listening Event @ Lighthouse Cinema (€10, WIN TICKETS)
[A/V Listening party] Wabi-Sabi Soul in 5.1 surround sound Listening event with lyrics in 3D
- Ruby Sessions: State Lights, BARQ, Katharine Philippa, Nicole Maguire @ Doyle’s (€6, 9pm)
[Acoustic showcase] Read my interview with Conor Ruby Sessions.
Wednesday April 27
- InSight #2 Tonnta @ Smock Alley (€12/€14)
[Contemporary/choral] Irish Composers’ Collective and Tonnta Music are proud to present the second instalment of InSight.
- Mark Lanegan, Duke Garwood @ The Academy (€27)
[Rock] Gruff and respected versatile (despite limited range) rock vocalist. 2/2 shows.
- Booka Brass Band, Toofools @ Whelan’s (Sold out)
[Brass] New track is a cover of Kate Bush with Orla Gartland.
- Left Behind – Songs of the 1916 Widows @ NCH (€10-€38)
[Contemporary] With words and music by composer Simon O’Connor (The Jimmy Cake), Left Behind is a new collection of songs inspired by the women closely associated with the conflict of 1916, including the wives of prominent rebels. (MAIN PIC)
Thursday April 28
- Lake Street Dive @ Whelan’s (€20)
[Rock/Pop] American R&B, pop, ’60s-era rock.
- Weathertop Records Presents: The Boondocks @ Tengu (€4/€7, 11pm)
[House] Welcome to the Boondocks EP Launch
- Homebeat: Ryan Vail, Ocho @ Fumbally Stables (€20)
[Electronic/contemporary] launch of the debut album For Every Silence.
- Garth Knox & Caoimhin O Raghallaigh @ NCH, Kevin Barry Room (€17.50)
[Contemporary fiddle] Garth Knox – viola d’amore and the medieval fiddle & Caoimhin on hardinger fiddle
- Life Has Surface Noise @ The Back Page (€10)
[Phizzfest] musicians Paddy Hanna, Mossy Nolan, Rory Grubb, and Ross Hamer (Jetsetter) will talk to Siobhán Kane about some of their favourite records
- Miles Graham, Nella, Magic @ Whelan’s (€10)
[Pop] Sligo brass pop musician.
- Harbouring Oceans, We Were Giants, Farah Elle @ Button Factory (€8)
[Pop/rock] Irish five-piece alternative pop / art rock outfit – Enso
- The New Social, Niall Cash, Rosa Nutty @ Bello Bar (€5)
[New Irish] new band headline – Look.
- Wild Rocket, Venus Sleeps, Exploding Eyes @ On The Rox (€6)
[Rock] Trio of Irish rock bands.
Friday April 29
- Firehouse Skank Sound System @ The Teacher’s Club (€5 before 11pm, €7 after, 9pm)
[DJs] Dub reggae soundsystem
- Jeff Lynne’s ELO @ 3Arena (€80+)
[Prog rock] “Come back on ELO and carry on playing”
- Richmond Fontaine @ The Workman’s Club (€20)
[Rock ] “the kings of literate rock”
- Hookworms @ Whelan’s (€15)
[Rock] American proto-punk-inspired malevolence
- Dublin Ska Festival @ The Grand Social (€20, €35 for two days)
[Ska] Ska bands and DJs. Also Sunday.
- 4 Da Footworkerz: a tribute to DJ Rashad @ Wigwam (Free, 10pm)
[DJs] A night of Chicago footwork.
- Crevice, David Colohan, Kate Carr, Gavin Prior @ Bello Bar (€10)
[Alt-Irish] Contemporary and experimental music.
- District Magazine: Space Dimension Controller, Bobofunk, Cinema @ The Sugar Club (Free, 11pm)
[Electronic] launch party of District and Cinema’s LP
- Discotekken & Membership:Asquith, Ethyl & Flori @ Bar Tengu (€10, 10pm, WIN FREE ENTRY)
[Electronic] Check out the Lobster Theremin Boiler Room
- James Zabiela @ Opium Rooms (€15, 11pm)
[Dance] “a technical Jedi”
- Betterliving Basement Series 001: Fran Hartnett @ Dive Bar (€6/€10, 10pm)
[Techno] New night of techno.
- Phon.o @ The Attic, Hangar (11pm, €10)
[Techno] Apparat’s mate on 50 Weapons label.
- NightFlight: Marcel Vogel @ The Grand Social (Free, 11pm)
[DJ] His label Lumberjacks In Hell releases disco edits.
Saturday April 30
- Andrew Bird @ Vicar Street (€28)
[Folk/singer-songwriter] Illinois-born singer/songwriter/multi-instrumentalist
- Shonen Knife @ Whelan’s (€16)
[Rock] Japanese rockers of 35 years.
- The Rn’B Club @ The Sugar Club (11pm, €16)
[R&B] D’Angelo All-stars band & R&B club DJs.
- Grant Lee Phillips, Malojian @ Whelan’s (€25)
[Rock] American singer-songwriter.
- Beach, Segrasso, Sun Mahshene, Karaoke Club, DJs @ The Workman’s Club (Free)
[Party] Our Belter May Bank Holiday Sunday Party
- The Building Society presents Altern 8 Live @ Hangar (€12, 10pm)
[Dance] Old school rave show.
- Kill de/DJ.02 @ Turk’s Head Downstairs (9:30pm, €10)
[Electronic] Dance and electronic music made with analogue machines.
- Lumo Club: Purple edition @ Bar Tengu (€8+, 10pm, WIN FREE ENTRY)
[Club] 7th edition of the club night brought to you by Nialler9, Simon Roche & Gav Elsted.
- Michael Mayer @ The Pygmalion (9pm, €10)
[Dance] Cofounder of Kompakt label does a 4 hour set.
- Backstory no.4 with Joni @ Jigsaw (€5 before midnight, €10 after; BYOB)
[Club] Donal Dineen’s regular club night.
Sunday May 1
- BC Camplight @ Whelan’s Upstairs (€15)
[Indie/rock] American dreamy indie pop
- Video Games Live Concert @ Convention Centre (€50)
[Dublin International Games Music Festival] Part of the your favourite game tunes played live by an orchestra
- Disco Brunch @ Drury Buildings (SOLD OUT)
[Disco brunch] The Gentlemen’s Academy Disco Brunch and DJs
- Sunday Social May Bank Holiday Special @ Sweeney’s (Free, 5pm)
[DJs] an eclectic mix of Northern Soul, Modern Soul, Pop and 60’s tunes..
- Out to Lunch presents Honey Soundsystem + Octo Octa, talk @ Bar Tengu (6pm, €12, WIN FREE ENTRY)
[Club] San Fran/NYC, local DJ sets + a talk about sexuality, club culture and taking back the queer dancefloor. Tonie Walsh of the Irish Queer Archive, Byron Yeates & John Leo of Pussys.Club.
- Prins Thomas @ The Pygmalion (€10)
[3-hour set] The Norwegian producer, musician and DJ gained notoriety for his cosmic electronic disco productions
- Oldskool: The Evolution of Hip-Hop @ The Sugar Club (€15)
[Hip-hop]Live old school rap covers.
- Fritz Kalkbrenner Live @ Opium Rooms (€25, 10pm)
[Dance] + Abstract & Bedlam DJs
- Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs @ District 8 (€15, 10pm)
[Dance] DJ set + DJ Deece. No weekly shows in District 8 from May – August.
- Curve presents Chris Liebing @ Button Factory (€15, 11pm)
[Techno] DJ, Producer & force behind labels CLR and Spinclub Recordings.
Bank Holiday Monday May 2
- Ryley Walker, Brigid Mae Power, Fuzzy Hell @ Whelan’s (€14, WIN FREE ENTRY)
[Rock] ” the reincarnation of the True American Guitar Player”
- Rocstrong @ The Bernard Shaw (Free)
[Funk/rock] Latest single Block Party.