Photo of Pockets: Olga Kuzmenko.
- Stay tuned
How to enter ticket comp – Email [email protected]com with the gig above in the Subject line you’re entering for along with your full name and phone number in the body of the message. Full info on each show below. Draw closes at 6pm the day before the gig or Friday 1pm latest for weekend gigs.
Tuesday February 3
- Ruby Sessions @ Doyle’s (9pm, €6)
[Acoustic/folk club] The Young Folk / Amidships / Tim Chadwick / Ger Murphy
Wednesday February 4
- Gorgon City @ The Academy (€20)
[Dance/Pop] UK charting dance project.
- Kaleidoscope Night presents Voci De Primavera @ Odessa Club (€15, 9pm)
[Classical/contemporary] three rarely-heard Italian composers
- Badger Hill, Maria Kelly, Heroes In Hiding @ Whelan’s (€4-€7)
[Indie/rock] Of the yearning kind
Thursday February 5
- Milky Chance @ Vicar Street (€18)
[indie/pop] Sound like a one-trick pony to me.
- Loop Culture @ The Workman’s Club (€5)
[Rock ] ‘How Does It Feel?’ single launch
- The Revelator Orchestra @ The Odessa Club (€8)
[Music / stories] The Pogues’ Cait O’Riordain and more.
Friday February 6
- Only In Dreams : The Blue Album vs Pinkerton @ The Workman’s Club (€10)
[wWeezer Tribute] windings, Dott, So Cow, Me And My Dog and Swimmers play Weezer songs.
- We Were Giants, Versive @ The Mercantile (Free)
[Indie/rock] All I Want
- The Beat @ The Academy (€20)
[Ska/reggae] 2-tone originals
- Wild Promises, Pockets, Elm @ Whelan’s (€8)
[Indie/rock] With some folk and synth touches.
- Gary’s Gang presents: The Gary Off @ The Sweeney Mongrel (free, 10:30pm)
[DJs] “How many DJs does it take to run a club night? In the case of Gary’s Gang, far too many. But then if there wasn’t so many of us we couldn’t put on a night with as stupid an idea as 8-FUCKING-DJs-BACK-TO-BACK could we?”
- Not Pop Up: Neil Flynn @ The Odessa Club (€5, 11:30pm)
[house and electronica DJs] Berlin-based Irish DJ with resident Emmet Condon (Homebeat / T/A/S/T/E)
- Dead Fader, Drokkr, PCP (A/V set) @ Turk’s Head (11pm, €10)
[Electronic] “The industrial funk ruckus of the year is upon us.”
- Bedlam presents: Huxley & Motez @ District 8 (€13/€17, 11pm)
[Dance] UK house producer
- MUD: Bodytonic Present Breach @ Twisted Pepper (€10, 10:30pm)
[Dance] house & techno. Jack.
- Abstract: Anthony Rotter @ Opium Rooms (€8, 10pm)
[Electronic] German electro DJ
- Burnin’ Up @ The Grand Social (Free, 11pm)
[Disco] Today FM/TXFM’s Kelly-Anne Byrne and Ruth Kavanagh of Mother
- John Digweed @ Button Factory (€20, 11pm)
[Dance] Hit his DJ peak about 10 years ago but still able to pull a crowd.
- Torque present Conor Dunne, Con Allen, Philip Galvin Jnr @ Pacino’s (€10, Midnight)
[Djs] house/techno/disco vibes
Saturday February 7
- State’s Faces of February: Buffalo Woman, Participant, Pockets @ The Mercantile (Free, 9pm)
[new music] State.ie’s monthly new music night is always worth a look.
- Kopek @ Button Factory (€12)
[Folk/rock] Launch of the band’s second album with the Viking Project on support. Afterparty in Pacino’s.
- Ennio Morricone @ 3 Arena (From €86)
[Soundtracks] Italian film composer (for Once Upon a Time in the West, One Upon a time in America, A Fistful of Dollars, The Untouchables)
- Cat Palace @ Bello Bar (€5)
[new music] new Dublin artist EP launch
- Stu Larsen @ Whelan’s (€10)
[Folk/pop] Australian singer-songwriter
- Nighthawks @ the Cobalt Café (€14)
[Music Comedy & poetry] Pearse McGloughlin, Katie O’Connor , Miss Truly Divine & comedians Eric Lalor, Gerry McBride & Alison Spittle.
- Iron Mountain @ The Workman’s Club (€8)
[Instrumental post-rock] If Godspeed! You Black Emperor covered Irish trad with uileann pipes
- Sense: Alex.Do @ Button Factory (€5-€7, 11pm)
[DJ] House, Dub and Techno .
- Pogo: Bruce Willis present De Sluwe Vos @ Twisted Pepper (€12, 11pm)
[Electronic] live 909 set from Dutch sly foxes
- The Building Society & Greg Wilson @ Hangar (€10/€15, 10:30pm)
[DJ] One of the first original English DJs and a remixer extraordinaire with Kelly-Anne Byrne on support
- Hidden Agenda: Machinedrum @ Opium Rooms (€12, 11pm)
[Electronic] The varied electronic styles of Travis Stewart. Boiler Room.
- Nightflight @ The Grand Social (Free, 11pm)
[DJs] Shane Mannion playing disco, house and techno
Sunday February 8
- Smithfield Market Fair @ The Generator (Free, noon)
[Markets] 40 stalls with live music & DJs.
- Orchestre Tout Puissant Marcel Duchamp, Laura Sheeran @ Whelan’s Upstairs (€10, 5:30 start with film screening)
[Alt-pop] “And So Say All of Us” – The EX Concert movie premiere before hand
- Bear’s Den @ The Workman’s Club (€14)
[Indie] Communion Records-released indie/folk
- Choice Cuts present Blackalicious @ The Sugar Club (€20)
[Hip-hop] Positive-spinning wordplay – Alphabet Aerobics.
Monday February 9
- Song Cycle @ Whelan’s Upstairs (Free)
[Acoustic] Singer songwriter night