Regular club nights and venue information. | Subscribe to the newsletter.
Highlights: Konono No.1, Dancing Suns with Nina Hynes and a 16-piece band, Andy Stott, The Community Games launch, Jose James, Rachel Zeffira…
Ticket freebies this week:
A pair of passes to DyMe A DuZin (Thursday), Konono No.1, Duke Dumont, Jose James (Friday); Dancing Suns with Nina Hynes, John Gomm (Saturday) . Full details of each show and how to enter below.
- How to enter – Email email@example.com with the gig above in the Subject line you’re entering for along with your full name and phone number in the body before 5pm the day before the gig to enter.
If you’re looking for tickets to sold out gigs try #ticketfairy on Twitter.
Tuesday April 9th
- The Ruby Sessions @ Doyles (€6, 9pm)
[Acoustic] The Statics, David Burke, Allie Bradley and Keith Moss.
Wednesday April 10th
- Shake The Stigma In Aid Of Pieta House @ The Workman’s Club (€7)
[Charity gig] With Otherkin, Redwoods, Fallen Rule and Lover.
- Bruce Willis: Tessela @ Lost Society (€8)
[Electronic] UK Techno headliner and DJs playing Trap and rap in other rooms.
- We Arrive Alive @ The Grand Social (€5)
[Post-rock] Featuring Andy McGurk from Spies, Adam Faulkner from Girl Band, Ben Healy, Rory Caraher from Peaks, Ronan Smyth and Sean Dexter from The Wethermen.
- Communion presents Moddi @ Whelan’s (€12)
[Folk] Norwegian folk singer with Laura Sheeran supporting.
Thursday April 11th
- The Milk Carton Kids @ Whelan’s (€15)
[Folk] American folk duo with Mossy Nolan on support.
- Barretstown Inspirations Gig @ Olympia Theatre (€33)
[Charity] The Coronas, Lisa Hannigan, The Strypes, The Walls, The Frank & Walters and Maud in Cahoots plus more.
- DyMe A DuZin @ Twisted Pepper (€12, WIN TICKETS)
[Rap] New York’s ’90s rap renaissance rapper – ‘New Brooklyn’.
- Magda @ Twisted Pepper (€18)
[Dance] Detroit producer of underground techno and electronica.
Friday April 12th
- Konono No.1 @ Whelan’s (€25, WIN TICKETS)
[Congotronics] Powerful electro-acoustic music from Kinshasa, Congo. Caused a big splash internationally when they first appeared. First Irish show since 2007.
- Jose James[email protected] Sugar Club (€20, WIN TICKETS)
[Soul] This singer’s latest album has been touted as one of the best releases of the last year. Soul and jazzy. Live show.
- Niall Thomas @ The Grand Social (€10)
[Singer-songwriter] Launch of Niall’s Breathe Easy album featuring songs like this – ‘Spilling Diamonds’.
- Chirps, Guilty Optics, MiXile @ The Joinery (€8)
[Rock/ electronic ] From rock to post-hardcore to ambient electronica.
- Duke Dumont @ The Grand Social (WIN TICKETS, 11:30pm)
[Dance] Currently Number One in the UK charts so these comp tickets are pretty much the last two left.
- Goldie @ Twisted Pepper (€15, 11pm)
[Drum and bass] D&B don plays tracks from his career.
- Trainwreck: Clouds @ The Underground, Kennedys (€8)
[Dance ] Scottish techno duo.
Saturday April 13th
- Breakfast Club: Never Learnt Showcase @ The Dark Horse Inn (€12)
[Dance] Early morning keep the party going at all costs club.
- Popical Island Community Games launch night @ Whelan’s (€5 or €10 with LP)
[Indie/rock] Launch of the four band release with No Monster Club, Ginnels, Cave Ghosts & Grand Pocket Orchestra.
- Dancing Suns: Nina Hynes @ Pepper Canister Church (WIN TICKETS, €15)
[Cinematic indie] Performance of the excellent and ambitious Goldmine album with 16 people on-stage.
- John Gomm @ Button Factory (WIN TICKETS, €12)
[Guitar] The word ‘virtuouso’ was invented for people like this. Watch him go.
- Bodytonic & Resident Advisor present: Andy Stott, Forward Strategy Group, Cut Hands @ Twisted Pepper (€15, 10.30pm)
[Dance] Mancunian ambient techno producer headlines. Plus Sunil Sharpe, Barry Redsettaz & All City DJs
- Michael Mayer @ Button Factory (€15/€10 presale , 11pm)
[Dance] 4 hour set from German producer and Kompakt co-founder.
Sunday April 14th
- 12 Sundays: Butter live band and Louis Scully @ The Bernard Shaw (Free)
[DJs] Laid-back late weekend vibes.
- Rachel Zeffira @ Unitarian Church (€16.50)
[Orchestral] Debut performance from Cats Eyes singer featuring songs from recommended album The Deserter.
- Josephine @ The Sugar Club (€15)
[Folk] Soulful pop singer.
- fun. @ Olympia Theatre (Sold out)
[Pop] The band with the singer who looks Wahlbergy.
Monday April 15th
- No gigs. Go visit a mate you haven’t seen in ages.