Thursday August 16th:
- Laura Duff & Emma Cotter @ The Kino (8pm, €tbc)
A double-bill of singer-songwriter doings at Washington Street’s community venue.
- Strange Weather @ The Roundy (9pm, €10)
Kenmare fusion outfit headline The Electronic Folk’s monthly Roundy residency. Support from the group’s usual suspects: Kevin J. Power, Simon MacHale and Hypnotyst.
- Yorkston, Thorne and Khan @ Coughlan’s (9pm, €18.50)
World-folk super-trio revisit the back room on Douglas Street while on Irish excursion.
- County Vinyl @ Dali (10pm, free)
The residents of County Vinyl clamber behind the decks for the last time this summer.
- Cult Called Man @ Crane Lane Theatre (midnight, free)
Dublin indie outfit return to the Crane, having gigged nationally and supported All Tvvins.
Friday August 17th:
- Conan @ Cyprus Avenue (9pm, €15)
Heftmongers Conan are sure to assist with renovation efforts with the venue on Caroline Street, with support from Nomadic Rituals, Partholon and Coroza.
- The Bounty @ The Brú (9.30pm, free)
Cork alternative rockers pre-launch upcoming single ‘Tell Me’, with donations going to Pieta House. Support from Staved.
- Wiggle @ DeBarra’s of Clonakilty (10pm, €10)
Electro-dub veterans head to DeBarra’s for another excursion, with visuals from VJ Present.
- Gwada Mike @ Dali (10pm, €tbc)
Dancehall and reggae come to Dali, with Gwada Mike, and fellow Francophones Gravity Sound and Dancehall Echo, in full effect.
Saturday August 18th:
- Tír na nÓg @ Connolly’s of Leap (6pm, €10)
An early start for a big night of tunes, including Bantry boys The Hanley Brothers, Kieran O’Sullivan and the County Vinyl lads.
- Rough Sunday @ Levis’ of Ballydehob (8pm, pass-the-hat)
Diarmuid and Amhlaoibh bring their rambunctious and rowdy tunes to Ballydehob, alongside the return from South America of troubadour The Poor Decisions.
- Prospekt @ Edison (9pm, free)
Prospekt’s residents are joined by Cork veterans Gary Fitz and Jinty for their monthly night of house and related tunes.
- SoapGirls @ The Poor Relation (9pm, €7)
South African punk/alternative duo stops into the Poor Relation on Irish tour. Support from Audible Joes and the returning Stanton’s Grave.
- Evolution DnB @ An Spailpín Fánach (9pm, €tbc)
Evolution’s resident crew of drum ‘n’ bass selectors head upstairs on South Main Street’s music outpost.
- Fish Go Deep @ Dali (10pm, €12)
Greg and Shane take another deep-dive through three decades of house for their monthly excursion to Carey’s Lane.
Sunday August 19th:
- Cuttin’ Heads Sunday Session @ The Vicarstown (3pm, free)
Cork’s hip-hop co-op gathers its residents again for another 8-hour shift at the decks, joined by city hip-hop OG and Radio Friendly man DJ Harvey, and returning selector CLM.
- Ringo: Music Bingo @ Coughlan’s (6pm, free)
Another evening of music, comedy and smart-aleckery, this time in aid of the Chef Ken Heff fund.
- Danny Ryan & Síun Milne + Adam McCartney @ The Roundy (8pm, €5 suggested donation)
A split bill between Limerick stand-up Danny Ryan, and post-medieval music/poetry duo Siún and Adam.
- Hickory Signals @ Levis’ of Ballydehob (8.30, pass-the-hat)
Sussex folk duo head to Ireland for the first time this weekend, including a trip to Ballydehob.
To submit gigs for consideration to the Nialler9 Cork gig guide, email: mikemcgrathbryan(at)gmail.com, or slide into the DMs: @mike_mcgb.